iPhone 6 static and noise
YooperJ
Enthusiast - Level 1

My phone makes a clicking sound and static like noise when using the phone.  I got a new phone because the problem could not be corrected.  The new phone has the same issues.  Verizon office says it is an Apple software issue and they can't do anything about it.  I just updated the software and the issue still exists. Any ideas as it is not easy to talk on the phone.  HELP!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: iPhone 6 static and noise
jsczeb
Enthusiast - Level 3

I to experienced this random clicking noise during calls with also a random squeal. All this is heard on my end and not the others line during calls. Attempts at Verizon to resolve were unsolved..... SIM card etc....... Discussed with Apple on line and even made 70 mile trip to Aplle store. Instead of Apple doing any diagnosis they just replaced the device. I chose this method with Apple because phone they gave me was New instead of a refurb from Verizon. Upon setting my new phone I chose to setup as new from scratch which is time consuming instead of from a iTunes or iCloud backup due to possible data corruption. After this was done and new phone was up and running I started experiencing the same issue. I immediately logged into My Verizon account and looked under my line of service ...... Tab to "manage products and apps"....look for free apps..... Once there look for Advanced calling( previously know as HD voice)..... See if this feature is turned on for your line.... In most cases it's set by default to be on. Turn this feature OFF for your'e line....... Save changes .... Log out of My Verizon......... Wait 15 mins for VZW system to update..... After 15 mins.... Reboot you're phone or reset network settings..... I actually did both..... Afterwards problem was solved..... Vzw should know how to do this but don't. Found this to work thru months of personal trouble shooting measures.   .  Good luck!

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

YooperJ, clicking on a call would become very overwhelming. I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this. Is this something you hear on both ends of the call or only your end? Does it happen on every call?
LorenB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
YooperJ
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thank you. Your advice seems to work for me. I'm going to show this to my local Verizon store so they will know what to do. Best advice I've received because I went through the same scenario that you did

0 Likes