iPhone 6 wifi connectivity problems
Cadaverfestival

This problem only happens at my house, but no other devices have these connectivity issues.

I have to keep toggling airplane mode on and off or manually reconnecting to the Internet every 30 seconds or so. If it says connected for an entire minute, it's a miracle.

Also when I try to manually reconnect, it usually asks for my wifi password, but if I cancel and try to reconnect a couple more times, it will connect without re-entering the password. 😕

Is there any way to keep the wifi from disconnecting so often??

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: iPhone 6 wifi connectivity problems
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Cadaverfestival,

We truly understand the importance of being able to stay connected to wifi. Have you always had this issue with your device not staying connected to your home wifi? When the wifi disconnects do you receive any error messages? Have you tried removing and readding the wifi network on the device? http://vz.to/1JTJqJq

LindseyT_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Weth
Legend
1. Forget network and add again 2. Reset network settings on iPhone  3. Unplug and reboot router even if other connections work 4. Upgrade router firmware 5. Make sure you have latest iOS update 6. Do all above before saying it doesn't work
0 Likes
Cadaverfestival

I think this wifi issue has always been a problem, whenever I would look for solutions, it seemed to be a common problem with my phone & there was a lot of "hopefully Apple will release an update that fixes this!" but when they did release an update to help wifi connectivity... it didn't really work.

I've tried forgetting/re-adding the wifi network a few times and that hasn't helped.

0 Likes
Cadaverfestival

I've done all of these things, the first 3 multiple times & both my phone and router are up to date, but my phone keeps kicking itself off the wifi

It's really weird because it only happens at my house & it doesn't matter how near or far from the router I am. :T

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you so much for the additional details Cadaverfestival. Which software version do you currently have on your iPhone 6? Did you have problems with your previous phone and connecting to the network?

CandiceH_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes