iPhone 7 LTE SLOW!!!!!!
BRYWOL53

My iPhone 7 stopped getting good LTE connection. My bars are full but my internet and data is slow or not working at all. I’ve got the unlimited plan and it’s very frustrating. Anything I can do to get this fixed. Zip code is 92544 and  have had great internet connection all around my town and out of town and now I’m lucky to get any service With full bars showing on my phone.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: iPhone 7 LTE SLOW!!!!!!
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Which unlimited plan?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

BRYWOL53,

We want to make sure that you're receiving the best service available to you. There are no open alerts in this area. For us to fully assist, please respond to the private message that has been sent.

CoreyM_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
nickmantia
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having the same problem with my iPhone 7. I am running iOS 11.1.1 and I have the Unlimited Data Plan. The data is next to unusable - the only way I can consistently connect is with WiFi.

I just went outside in the middle of Downtown Boston (02111) and here are my data speeds:

LTE Only (3 bars)

Down: 1.03 mbps

Up: 2.82 mbps

3G (4 Bars)

Down: .70 mbps

Up: .79 mbps

LTE Voice and Data (4 Bars)

Down: .83 mbps

Up: 10.38 mbps

I've already reset the Network Settings on the iPhone and I've done a Carrier Settings update.

Verizon - what else can be done to resolve this? What were the fixes for others running into this issue? I do not want to do a Factory Reset at this point - there has to be something with either my phone or the service that I'm receiving.

Please advise.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Having a good connection with quick speeds is a must. Are other users being impacted by this or only your device after the update? Does this happen only at the 02111 area or when you travel outside of this area?

AlbertoR_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
nickmantia
Enthusiast - Level 1

For anyone reading this that is having a similar issue, mine turned out to be related to the Unlimited Plan I was on. Apparently, the cheaper Go Unlimited can lower your connection speeds during congestion (which apparently was almost every time I went to use LTE, as it was rush hour each way in morning/night and mid-day in Boston).

My data was essentially being de-prioritized, which the Verizon person I spoke to confirmed. I switched over to the Beyond Unlimited, and everything started working perfectly.

0 Likes
willard2120

Somewhat disappointingly, I think this is the answer.   Here in Seattle, on the basic unlimited plan, I was capped at 2mbps 24/7, even though my period data usage never exceeded 10gb.  Going to the next step up (choice?) took that up to 4mbps - still pretty poor compared to AT&T, but workable.

So, the moral of the story is that if Verizon doesn‘t provide a criteria for what periods of congestion are, then basically periods pf congestion - and throttling - are perpetual.

0 Likes