iPhone 7 Plus No Service When Turn off LTE
CHASESCOTT66

Just switched over from T-Mobile on Saturday, but Apple traded my iPhone in on Friday for the "sim-free" version that would work with Verizon in advance of the switch. Anyways, when I disable LTE  or set it to Data Only under the Enable LTE menu, my phone goes to No Service. It doesn't seem my phone is connecting to the 3g network. I am worried because where I travel for work sometimes only has 3g service and I don't want to be without service in those spots.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: iPhone 7 Plus No Service When Turn off LTE
Weth
Legend

Are you sure you got the right version? AT&T and T-Mobile do not have the CDMA radio. I would go back to Apple and confirm.

0 Likes
CHASESCOTT66

Yes, it's model A1661, as stated on the back of the device, the model that has the CDMA radios in it.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Ensuring your device will work during your commute is always a must, CHASESCOTT66. Let’s work on this. Have you attempted to use your device at these concerning locations yet? If so, what happened? If not, please let us know if you have any issues. We’ll be standing by ready to troubleshoot.
JosephE_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
CHASESCOTT66

I traveled to an area where no LTE was present, but 3G was. My phone went to no service, while my friend's phone was connected to the Verizon 3G network.

I took my phone to Apple yesterday and they exchanged it due to "faulty equipment." The new phone worked yesterday when I would disable LTE, as it would connect to the 3G network. But now today it is doing the same exact thing. It will go to No Service when I disable LTE and also when I switch LTE to Data Only.

I am beginning to think the problem is on Verizon's side.

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

Try getting a new SIM at a Verizon corporate store.

0 Likes
CHASESCOTT66

Have been through 3 sims and 2 phones, still not answers......

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

CHASESCOTT66, we want to keep you connected where ever you travel. You mentioned that you received a warranty replacement phone. The sim card in your device is what keeps you connected to our network. Did the Apple Store location provide you with a new sim card, as well?

0 Likes
CHASESCOTT66

I went to Verizon and hey switched the SIM card in the store.

0 Likes