iPhone 7 Plus does not have the same reception that my previous iPhone 6plus had.
ANDDUG24
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have been a Verizon customer for almost 40 years. Have always had Verizon service on my mobile phone. I have NEVEr been as disappointed as I am with my iPhone 7plus. I am using it in the same locations as my previous iPhone 6plus, and it drops calls, doesn't connect, ppl cannot hear me, etc.

I am considering switching to AT&T which seems a more reliable service for this iPhone version. Does anyone else have this problem?

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: iPhone 7 Plus does not have the same reception that my previous iPhone 6plus had.
stef7
Master - Level 2

Linall53...

You need some objective numerical evidence to show someone, don't you?

Why don't you download a Network Signal Strength application from the iTunes store like OpenSignal or something else like that. (I don't know what is highly rated, I don't have an iPhone). With an application like this, you'll be able to obtain some metrics on the strength of the received signal at your location. Some apps will show signal strength of cell towers and WiFi access points.

Now also install this application on another iPhone (your husband has an iPhone6), and compare the two. Presuming the levels are different, this would be evidence of a probable antenna problem in your phone.

Check out this post:

Re: Why is my friend able to receive phone calls on Verizon service and I can't, when we're sitting ...

Bring the phones into the store and show them the difference in the numbers.

Good luck.

View solution in original post

Re: iPhone 7 Plus does not have the same reception that my previous iPhone 6plus had.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ANDDUG24,

We want you to have great service everywhere you need it. It would make us sad to lose you. When did this start? What zipcode is this?

Verizon_Customer_Service

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
ANDDUG24
Enthusiast - Level 2

This started as soon as I activated my iPhone 7Plus which I purchased from

Verizon approximately August 1, 2017. I am zip code 21157. I am not

terribly tech savvy. But you should also know that I have never seen a 4G

or a 3G at the top of my screen, and I rarely see more than 2 circles

filled in showing signal strength.

This problem exists even at my place of employment which is zip code 21136.

My previous 6Plus phone - that I had for 2 years - never had this issue. My

connectivity was EXCELLENT.

Also, a separate issue

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

The insight certainly helps, thank you, ANDDUG24. Let’s keep working towards a solution. Have you noticed any issues with texts or data? If so please advise. Also, do you know if any other Verizon Wireless customers are experiencing similar issues in your local area as well?

Verizon_Customer_Service

If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
ANDDUG24
Enthusiast - Level 2

Interestingly there are no issues with text or data . . . anywhere. And I

no of no other customers in my area that have the same issue. But I don't

know anyone else with the 7 or 7 plus. The only insight I have received is

through reading the online discussions to know that this is a problem

elsewhere.

On Thu, Sep 14, 2017 at 3:42 PM, vzw_customer_support <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That’s certainly a bit of a relief that the text and data are working well, ANDDUG24. It’s definitely important to get you back to enjoying our wireless service and I appreciate you being part of our family for so many years. Focusing on your specific experience I’d like to take a step back and ask what you see alongside those couple circles at the top of your iPhone’s screen, for example, does it reflect 1x or LTE instead of a 4G or 3G? Also, please go into Settings > Cellular > Cellular Data Options > Enable LTE and let me know what you have it set to. While in the Cellular Data Options menu, also tap on Roaming then toggle Voice & Data Roaming off and back on.

Thank you
JenniferH_VZW
Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
ANDDUG24
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have enable LTE set to Data and I toggled the roaming off and then back on.

Next to the circles I see LTE but many times I see a spinning circle like the phone is searching for something.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ANDDUG24, thank you for these details. Let's try a few different settings options and see if we see a difference with your service. If you access Settings > Cellular > Cellular Data Options > Enable LTE > Set it to Voice & Data, is there any difference with the call quality?

Verizon_Customer_Service

0 Likes
ANDDUG24
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have done that and there is no difference in call quality or reception.

Still one circle. - Andrea

On Sat, Sep 16, 2017 at 6:36 PM, vzw_customer_support <

0 Likes
LINALL53

I am having the same issue, and am bouncing back and forth between Verizon and Apple to try and have someone step up and own the problem.  Because I waited beyond the 14 day return policy, I'm on my own with Apple.  They are saying it's Verizon.  My next step is to take it to the Genius bar at Apple and have them look at the phone.    Meanwhile, people are YELLING at me because they can't hear me, and hang up on me.  Great for business.  PS--it's mainly when I'm inside buildings, zip code 85351, 85372, 85382.  TERRIBLE!!!!

0 Likes