Re: iPhone 7 Plus does not have the same reception that my previous iPhone 6plus had.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We know how important it is to have the ability to communicate on your phone. How long have you been having this issue? Do you have access to WiFi while your in these building at these specific locations? Also, how do your other services work while inside of these buildings? (Text,Data)

JoelD_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Re: iPhone 7 Plus does not have the same reception that my previous iPhone 6plus had.
LINALL53

Yes in some, not in others. My husband’s IPhone 6 works great, so does my iPad. Even WIFI calling is not helping now. I’ve had 2 people hang up on me today.

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes
stef7
Master - Level 2

Linall53...

You need some objective numerical evidence to show someone, don't you?

Why don't you download a Network Signal Strength application from the iTunes store like OpenSignal or something else like that. (I don't know what is highly rated, I don't have an iPhone). With an application like this, you'll be able to obtain some metrics on the strength of the received signal at your location. Some apps will show signal strength of cell towers and WiFi access points.

Now also install this application on another iPhone (your husband has an iPhone6), and compare the two. Presuming the levels are different, this would be evidence of a probable antenna problem in your phone.

Check out this post:

Re: Why is my friend able to receive phone calls on Verizon service and I can't, when we're sitting ...

Bring the phones into the store and show them the difference in the numbers.

Good luck.

ptrainor4

I am having similar problems with my iPhone 7. Always had good Verizon service and reception with my iPhone 5. Same locations. Apple store even gave me a new iPhone. The problem persists. I believe it is s software problem between apple and Verizon. I am constantly resetting the lte data only setting off an on. Most people cannot hear me. I have resolved to using speaker on the phone which is NOT a good solution but I am not as embarrassed when talking to people. Never thought this would happen as an iPhone Verizon customer for more than 20 years. SMH

0 Likes
dbiagi

I'm having the same problem with my iPhone 7 Plus. The Verizon store told me to go to Apple and they would replace the phone on the spot. I waited at the Genius Bar for an hour and half and they basically blamed Verizon. I'm tired of wasting time with what is clearly a defective device. BTW, I experience the calling problems 100% of the time. Oh, and the phone regularly overheats.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We understand the importance of having service Dbiagi and your phone should not overheat. We will work on one thing at a time and will make sure we resolve all your concerns. The phone overheating does concern me more for now. How long has this been going on for? What are you doing during the time of the phone getting warm? Is it hot to the touch?

AmberF_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
stef7
Master - Level 2

FWIW, a phone that is changing from 1x to 3G to 4G because of poor signal strength is going to heat up. That's a good way to kill a battery charge faster than normal also.

0 Likes