iPhone 7 Repair Program for "No Service" Issues
BMWALCK

My iPhone 7 was showing no service (similar to some other threads I have read on the discussion board) and I was unable to make or receive ANY calls or texts. I rely on my cell for my profession and it interfered with my work for a few days, so needless to say I was very frustrated with this. Then I learned about a repair program that Apple set up for people with this exact issue. Apparently some iPhone 7 models were having this issue and it was an error on Apple's part. Therefore, Apple set up a program to fix it at no cost. According to Apple, wireless carriers are not participating or able to fix this issue, therefore a customer should contact Apple to have it taken care of, not their carrier (i.e. Verizon). I called Apple, and their solution through this program was sending me a replacement phone at no cost. Great! I received the phone and transferred everything over to it, and I have had no issues since. HOWEVER, my new issue is that my Verizon account is saying they are going to charge me the remainder of what I owe on my phone (I have the cost of the phone added into my monthly payment) unless I pay the remainder (some 200$) out right, because the device ID does not match the one original to my account. Well yes, that is because Apple replaced my phone for me. I did NOT upgrade. I am still paying on the phone monthly, and I had it replaced from the manufacturer for an error that THEY made. WHY do I need to pay the remainder? I have called several times over the past week to try to take care of this issue and I have waited on hold for an hour each time. I need someone to contact me about this as it is outrageous to have to pay the remainder because I did NOT upgrade!!!

Here is the link to this program: iPhone 7 Repair Program for "No Service" Issues - Apple Support

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: iPhone 7 Repair Program for "No Service" Issues
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

BMWALCK, we never want our customers being charged incorrectly.  A private message has been sent to you to get this resolved.  Thank you for all your patience. 

SeanC_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: iPhone 7 Repair Program for "No Service" Issues
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

BMWALCK, we never want our customers being charged incorrectly.  A private message has been sent to you to get this resolved.  Thank you for all your patience. 

SeanC_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes