Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15 Plus. Newphoria. Get it on us with select Unlimited plans. New line req'd. No trade-in req'd. Online only. Ends 3.31. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
iPhone 7 virtually useless
STESHI83

i am currently on my 3rd iPhone 7 in less than 6 months and it is virtually useless. I received this replacement phone b/c the first replacement phone they sent me (when original phone quit accepting charge) developed what they told me was an antenna malfunction. Straight out of the box this phone worked less than 50% of the time.  I am now a few months in and it works less than 1% of the time.  It reads " No service" when my wife's iPhone 6 works perfectly fine beside it.  Our old iPad also works flawless in same area.  While sitting on the mobile hotspot (iPad) it can not find any wifi networks, but all other devices in room can find it.  Even when it has signal, which is almost always 1x, it will not perform task.  Weather app can't update weather for weeks at a time.  Text messages take hours, sometimes days to send single message.  I will receive a bundle of missed calls and voice messages from many days all at once.  People will call and phone will never ring or show missed call.  Even while connected to high speed internet over wifi when brand new out of box it would not download/restore my 15 apps after 2 days of trying.   It tried to download pandora for a solid month 24/7, never completed.  This is the worst phone/service ever sold.  I purchased a new phone that stopped accepting battery charge and as a warranty I have now been sent 2 useless phones.  When a new phone stops working because of factory defect I should be sent another new phone to replace it, not a series previously returned defective devices each one worse than the last.  Verizon has failed to supply me with a device that is even semi usable for 6 months, but their bill arrives on time every month for a service they are not providing.  I am fed up! 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: iPhone 7 virtually useless
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

STESHI83, We're sorry to hear that you've had such a bad experience using Apple Products. We provide the service to the device but not manufacture them. We would love an opportunity to assist you in making sure your phone is working properly. Tell us if you have had your SIM card replaced? Are you restoreing your previous backup files on each replacement phone?

0 Likes
STESHI83

I have not had a sim replacement on the current phone. As the phones won’t recognize internet or cellular signal some data has been lost every time a phone is replaced. Even when physically hooked to an internet source the phone just “thinks” and rarely ever accomplished anything.

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

STESHI83, we want you to have a working device no matter what. If you have not had a SIM Card replaced yet, we would recommend doing so to see if this fixes the issue. Remember that all of your information is stored to the Verizon Cloud service if you have signed up for that or any other backup service that you have set up when the device was active.  

EdgarT_VZW

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

Apple covers your warranty and would not send you a defective phone,  call them for a replacement.

0 Likes
pzjagd1
Contributor - Level 3

There is a known issue with some 7's. See this article

iPhone 7 Repair Program for "No Service" Issues - Apple Support

0 Likes
STESHI83

I went to local Verizon store in Dothan, Al last week.  Told representative about these issues.  He said ”some devices were affected by the update.”  I told him my device arrived working part time and is now useless after only 2 months, it is the 3rd such device in 6 months.  He then replied that the initial iphone 7 purchase had been made a year and 1 week previous and i would no longer receive any warranty ie: a replacement phone.  I told him that the current phone was only 2 months old and it arrived working half the time.  He said that doesn’t matter.   I told him that on this forum it was recommended that I replace the SIM card.  He then told me “I’ll give you a SIM if you want one but that’s not going to fix anything.”  He gave me a SIM.  It did nothing to help phone.  He then said that under the current plan I still owe $386 on my phone. If I paid it off he could then sell me another phone, but that was my only option.  So to recap I bought a $800 phone the first week of feb 2017.  It quit accepting a charge the first week of July 2017. A refurb was sent. It permanently read “no service“ by December 22.  On December 23 an “overnight“ shipment of another refurb was sent.  It arrived December 27.  I had no phone throughout Christmas (But still had bill for service and phone).  Now 2 months in on a 3rd phone I am back to useless and Verizon rep told me it was solely because software on the phone, there is no fix, no replacements for me, and AFTER I pay him $386 THEN i could buy another phone.  My brother-in-law and one of my cousins also each have an iphone 7 on Verizon, neither of theirs work either, although it is only their first 7 not their 3rd.  If there was literally any other provider in this area I would drop all my devices from Verizon and never look back.  I need a phone that works for the ransom I pay you every month.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Was that a corporate store or a third party retailer?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
STESHI83

It is a corporate stand alone Verizon wireless retail store.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you visited the nearest Apple store yet?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes