iPhone X transaction Anyone else had this problem?
ROBJON44

12/22/2017

Last night at 3:37 am, 3:43 am and 3:48 am, I received three identical texts from Verizon stating "We have not received the device from your prior Verizon Edge agreement.  Please return it immediately to have the fee you were charged credited.  On starting my day I re4ad the text and immediately started looking for my UPS receipt I had received on sending my old iPhone to Verizon.  Not finding one after several hours of looking I contacted UPS to see if they could help me.  No such luck.  I then went to my iMac to check my e-mails and found three from Verizon which stated that my original device was received.  Time of these three was 3:37am, 3:43 am and 3:48 am.  It is not too difficult to see that Verizon is sending out conflicting information and wasting several hours of my time. 

I called Verizon support and spoke with a very nice young man and informed him of the above and requested to speak to a supervisor.  Evidently this if not possible with Verizon.  I then sought the corporate address of Verizon so I could write a letter that might get some attention to this matter.  Again it seems that the staff cannot provide this information.

On speaking with the first Verizon representative I asked that he check their records for the date they actually received the telephone I returned and he advised me that it was November 27, 2017. Can you believe the ineffectiveness of this company.  One more such instance and I'm gone to someone else.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: iPhone X transaction Anyone else had this problem?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ROBJON44-

Getting a new phone should always be so exciting and stress-free. I apologize for the trouble this has caused and truly don't want to lose you. The text messages were sent accidentally and our technicians are working to resolve this error. I'm so sorry for the inconvenience this caused, especially since you received the text messages so early in the morning. Please let me know if this helps provide clarification.

AmberK_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
ROBJON44

Understand how an accident can occur.  I do not understand how a company the size of Verizon can have so many.  The problem starts with your failure to properly document the receipt of the telephone on Nov. 27th.  Your system should provide immediate text response of receipt of the telephone to your customer.  If you had done so the accidental sending of three text messages on December 22, 2017 would not have caused me to spend several hours looking for my UPS proof of sending.  Correct your problem, incorporate notification of receipt to the customer.  Get help with your web site.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ROBJON44,

I know your time is valuable and I certainly wouldn't want to take up too much of it. A text reminder is an excellent suggestion and I will make sure to pass it on. I want to make sure all of your concerns are addressed. What concerns do you have with our website?

AndrewT_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes