iPhone X without going to a unlimited plan
CRASCH43

Why can't I upgrade my iPhone 7 to X and keep my limited plan?  The reason's to stay with Verizon are decreasing, AT&T's network is almost as good and they want new customers.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: iPhone X without going to a unlimited plan
JOE_K_02
Enthusiast - Level 2

I upgraded from the 7+ to the X and was able to keep the 12 gig plan

0 Likes
rpgarrett75703
Enthusiast - Level 3

I was able to upgrade (2 iPhone X's) and I only have an 8GB plan. I wasn't required to change plans.

0 Likes
CRASCH43

Did you trade on a phone?  i was told I could upgrade, bur I would get the credit for my phone and I would have to pay full price for the X.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The current promotion to get $300 off of iPhone X requires trading in certain eligible devices and switching to an unlimited plan if you don't already have it.

Screenshot_20171102-061328.png

Screenshot_20171102-061559.png

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

Bottom line is that you CAN get the iPhone X without switching to an unlimited plan. You CAN'T, however, qualify for the $300 off promotion without switching to an unlimited plan. The choice is yours, purchase the iPhone X and keep your current plan OR purchase the iPhone X WITH the promotion and switch to an unlimited plan.

I can only say that these promotions are getting WORSE by the day, and only benefiting Verizon for the most part.

As I have stated MANY times, you would do better by selling your current device on your own than trading it in to Verizon. For example: the iPhone 7 is currently selling for between $400 and $450 for the 32 GB model and closer to $500 for the 128 GB model at swappa.com. That is close to $200 more than what Verizon is offering and you would get that amount NOW instead of spread out over 24 monthly credits. FURTHERMORE, if you choose to trade your iPhone X in for the next groundbreaking Apple device in 12 months, you would have ONLY gotten a $150 discount since you would not get the full $300 if you trade your iPhone X in after only a year for a newer model!!!!!!! That makes the swappa.com offer $350 better than the Verizon offer!!!!! Simple choice if I were to need a new phone every year. Just sayin....

0 Likes
BlkGenius
Enthusiast - Level 3

Sell your phone YOURSELF, use it to pay more than HALF of the iPhone X. You know full well the carrier exists to turn a profit anyway, so definitely don’t trade it in if you have the 30 mins it takes to setup an ad to sell your phone.

rpgarrett75703
Enthusiast - Level 3

I didn't sell my phones and paid full price upfront.

0 Likes
BlkGenius
Enthusiast - Level 3

The OP wouldn’t pertain to you. It references trade-in which Verizon is requiring a shift to unlimited data in order to participate 

0 Likes