iPhone XS not receiving some direct and group SMS texts
fanelli_08

For the last few months or so I have not been receiving some text messages, but do not have any issues sending them. It primarily occurs when someone sends a group message that includes non-iPhone users. I will receive some of the responses, but the original message never comes through even when the original sender has an iPhone. I have also had non-iPhone users send me a text directly which I have never received. I can message them, but I don't receive anything in return. I have already done the following:

• cycled phone off and on
  • removed and reinserted SIM card
  • verified no blocked contacts
  • reset all network settings
  • complete erase and restore of phone
  • turned HD calling off (now back on)
  • checked that my send & receive addresses are set to my cellular #

Additionally, after I did the complete erase and restore there were numbers in my blocked contacts list that I didn't add and weren't there before the restore. May be unrelated...

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: iPhone XS not receiving some direct and group SMS texts
Shudoh13

I seem to be having the same issue which i believe just started last evening. In two separate conversations of group messages consisting of both iPhone and non-iPhone users, I am not receiving all of the texts being sent. I have an iPhone XR. Please help!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We can help you take care of this with you. Is send as SMS active on your iPhone? Are normal text messages able to get to you outside of group conversations?
JavierD_VZW

0 Likes
Shudoh13

Send as SMS is not active on my phone in settings. This has only seemed to have started yesterday and in group conversations including both iPhone and non-iPhone users. Conversations that are with iPhone users and thus iMessages have not been an issue.

I am receiving direct text messages and don’t appear to be missing any, although some may be a little delayed

0 Likes
fanelli_08

Send as SMS is active on my phone. I am able to receive some text messages outside of group messages. I know of one instance where this was the case: someone without an iPhone sent me a text which I did not receive. I then sent him a text which he did receive and responded to, but I did not get his response either. There may have been other instances where this has happened, but since no one else has said anything to me about it this is the only time I know of that it happened.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Shoudoh13, being able to stay in contact with others via group chat is fun and making sure that you have everything set up to do it is a must. Non-Apple devices do not run on iMessage and when you send a message while Send as SMS is off on your phone, non-Apple users will not be able to get your messages. Can you please ensure everyone in the group chat has Send as SMS enabled as well as yourself? JoseL_VZW

0 Likes
Shudoh13

Everyone has the option turned on and has been receiving my text messages. I am not receiving some of theirs on time...last night they were arriving delayed hours and hours later.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Shudoh13, that is interesting to hear. Have you been able to perform any troubleshooting on your device since this took place? JoseL_VZW

0 Likes
Shudoh13

Yes, a Verizon staff member in a support text session walked me through turning features/settings on and off, resetting network settings, and more

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

fanelli_08, thanks for those details. Try powering off your phone, then remove the sim card for 2 minutes. Then reinstall the sim card and restart the phone. Test out the SMS Messaging and let us know what happens. 

DiaS_VZW

0 Likes