iPhone cannot send or receive text messages to/from non iPhone
teamdor

After the software upgrade to 6.1.1, I can no longer send or receive text messages to/from non iPhones.  Did the upgrade introduce a bug? Or is there something specifically that I must do?

On device settings,

Send an SMS - ON

MMS Messaging - ON

I have also reset Network Settings.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: iPhone cannot send or receive text messages to/from non iPhone
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello teamdor,

Wow! My apologies that you are having issues with the messaging on your device. I actually use the same device and noticed no difference after the update. Let's get your messaging up and running properly. Are you still having issues with the messaging on your device? Have you attempted to power cycle the device? If you are having issues, please contact our Technical Support Team at 800-922-0204 for further assistance. Please keep us posted, thanks!

MatthewS_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

0 Likes
teamdor

Yes, we are still having problems after doing all you suggested.  This is a replacement phone that was sent to us a month ago by Asurion.  It appears to be faulty.  Perhaps we should contact Asurion since we have a warranty on it and request a new phone.  This one is not working correctly.  Please advise.

Thanks,

Terri <Full name removed for privacy.>

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
GVEngineerBMW

I am having the same issue. I have an iPhone 4S with software version 6.1.2 (latest). I have reset network settings, called *228 and done options 1 and 2 and restarted the phone between each step. I still cannot send/receive non-iMessages.

1 week ago I did move my phone from a plan with my parents(also Verizon) to my own plan. I heard it could take 7 days for messages to start coming through if you port your number from a different carrier, but this was from Verizon to Verizon and it has been a week already. My wife has an iPhone 4 that I moved from her parent's Verizon plan to mine on the same day that I moved mine and she does not have the same issue, hers works fine.

I am becoming quite frustrated because I am missing messages that I needed to receive.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm super sorry to hear about the problems you've experienced with your messaging, GVEngineerBMW. I want you to enjoy your phone and not have to worry about it. Are you unable to send and receive messages? If so, what happens when you attempt to send a message? Lastly, are you missing messages from any specific contacts or numbers? Please provide me with a few more details about your situation.

ChaunceyM_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes