iPhone software a little behind the times?
Lookin4Help

Is it me, or is Apple just a little behind on some of the software?  Example:  Calendar...no way to change default reminder alerts.  Text message alerts...No way to keep indicator showing number of unread messages.  Email...no way to sort unread messages only.  For a product so advanced as the iphone I am thinking I should have kept my BlackBerry.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: iPhone software a little behind the times?
maxxtris85
Contributor - Level 1

Yeah I also came form a BB and they are somethings I missed from there such as the more advanced email system, notification light, being able to delete mass emails or text at a given time, marking things as unread. The Iphone is a nice phone but its still far from perfect.

0 Likes
dbbrass
Contributor - Level 3

No phone is perfect by any means.  This is an ever evolving market and it's tough to get everything you want on one device.  Don't buy into a device because of the hype.  Make sure that it does what you want it to do.  There's tons of information out there that list the advantages and disadvantages of each platform.

Blackberry's have always been the email kings, but most people don't need that kind of email power at their fingertips on a phone.  And only Apple knows why they sometimes leave out certain things that for the life of you can't understand why.  I will tell you one thing that motivates their decisions and that's battery life.  I do know that dynamic widgets as available on Android phones and other similar items such as dynamic icon badges or blinking lights, etc.  all use the processor and in turn, drain the battery quicker.   Apple wants their products to have longggggg... battery life.  And any feature that drains power usually isn't on their products or is disabled by default.  As to whether or not this applies to your issues, I can't say.

I for one love the beauty, quality and stability of the iPhone.  It just works!  Other phones, I've had in the past don't even come close. And once we get iOS 4.3 (which I do believe we will get sooner rather than later), it will get even better.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend
You can delete multiple emails and text at a time...

Use the edit button...

Also you can mark as unread as well. :smileyhappy:
0 Likes