iPhone voicemail not working- automated message center, not voicemail
martielou

My visual voicemail is set up and was working great- then suddenly calls stopped coming to my voicemailbox- instead they get an automated "message management center" that asks for the 10 digit number. However, when you enter my phone number there, it still doesn't go to my voicemail. Help!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: iPhone voicemail not working- automated message center, not voicemail
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

Contact Verizon for tech support.

0 Likes
martielou

Thanks. I did contact them. Unfortunately the woman on the other end was less knowledgeable than I was about the iPhone. She thought she could walk me through deleting my "voicemail app" - voicemail is not an app on the iphone. The problem is that my calls are not being sent to voicemail, but to *86 when they get there my phone number is not "valid" to be entered to leave a message. I have checked everything on the iPhone side of it, and feel pretty confident it is not my phone, but verizon's routing that has a problem. Especially since this happened to both phones on my account at the same time.

If anyone has some actual tips for this it would be greatly appreciated.

0 Likes
martielou

Finally got a wonderful and helpful guy named Chris on Tech Support from Lincoln NE- who checked all the routing and found the problem!!!! 

It was the third call, but I guess third time is a charm! 

It was the routing info for anyone else who has this issue! He checked provisions and routing! Thanks Chris! 

0 Likes
jpgs

I am having the same problem. Is this something I can fix myself or do I have to contact support to have them do it? 

0 Likes
martielou
I had to call them. Dial *86 first & see if that is the same place your vm is going. Mine was and I couldn't access vm there- my 10 digit number and password didn't work.
Let the tech know that your calls are being routed to *86 and that you have reset your phone settings and it is not your phone(even if u haven't bc otherwise they want to blame the IPhone). They just need to do a detailed check of the routing and the provisions. Good luck finding someone who can do it!!!
0 Likes
roadwarriormi
Enthusiast - Level 1

I called tech support and got this fix, it seems that if this fix works for you, there is no need to call tech support:

dial *73 > click call > wait for short tones > phone hangs up on its own

dial *900 > click call > wait for short tones > phone hangs up on its own

dial *920  > click call > wait for short tones > phone hangs up on its own

Kb43

The Verizon customer service person figured out there was a BLOCK on provisions. ( or premium call messaging) . He has no idea how it got there. He had to remove the block then it worked just fine. It took 10 min of trouble shooting and nothing worked until he discovered this. 

0 Likes
michael_gutzman
Enthusiast - Level 1

My voicemail did the same thing!!!!! I did exactally as shown here and now it works great!!! Thank you for fixing my voicemail! Easy as 1, 2, 3, make the call it will hang up go through each one after the 3rd one call your number and it will work! 

I called tech support and got this fix, it seems that if this fix works for you, there is no need to call tech support:

dial *73 > click call > wait for short tones > phone hangs up on its own

dial *900 > click call > wait for short tones > phone hangs up on its own

dial *920  > click call > wait for short tones > phone hangs up on its own

0 Likes
Mcleodjk

This worked for me. 

0 Likes