internet/imessage while on the phone
pitaam101

When I first got this phone I was able to use web-based apps while I was on a call. For instance I have Waze which uses GPS to track the traffic in my area and that used to tell me about traffic if I was on a call. Also, I used to be able to use iMessage while I was on a call even when I wasn't connected to wifi. Now if I'm on a call, all of my imessages turn to texts and I cannot do anything internet based. Why?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: internet/imessage while on the phone
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The radio configuration of the Verizon iPhone 4S and the type of network used by Verizon Wireless doesn't allow simultaneous voice and data on the cellular network. You need a wifi connection to access data activities while on a call.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Re: internet/imessage while on the phone
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

pitaam101, this is an excellent question. It's great to multitask. When on an active phone call, you will be unable to access the Internet or applications that require a data connection. However, in some instances, if you acccept or place an outbound call right after you've accessed the Internet or application, you will still be able to see that previous page.

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

0 Likes