iphone 4 to iphone 6
Adrenalin
Enthusiast - Level 2

Can I use an iPhone on a line currently using iPhone 4 and keep unlimited data plan?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: iphone 4 to iphone 6
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Adrenalin,

You've reached the right place for help! To keep your current data plan, the new device must be purchased at the full retail value. If the device was purchased at the discounted rate, this would require a data plan change immediately upon activation.

EfrainM_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Adrenalin,

You've reached the right place for help! To keep your current data plan, the new device must be purchased at the full retail value. If the device was purchased at the discounted rate, this would require a data plan change immediately upon activation.

EfrainM_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Adrenalin
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you for your reply.  I should have stated a little more.  If buying an iPhone 6 (4G) at full price, can it be used to replace an iPhone 4 (3G) and keep the unlimited data plan.  I was told that it would not if I went from a 3G device to a 4G device.  True?

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

Yes as long as you pay full retail.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are always willing to help with options, Adrenalin. If you purchase any VZW smartphone, 3G or 4G LTE, without a new contract (such as full retail) then you can activate the phone http://vz.to/186e0Pr without changing from the $29.99 unlimited data plan that was previously offered if it's currently active on your line.

JenniferH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

0 Likes