Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: iphone 4s imei is not clean
rcschnoor
Legend

abdelwahab wrote:

i called verizon but they say they can't unlock it if i don't have account in verizon.

This is your problem.

abdelwahab wrote:

no he is in America and i think he bought it there.

If your uncle is in America and you think he bought the phone there, you should return the phone to him. He can activate the phone on his account and get it unlocked. He can then reactivate his phone back on his account and send the iPhone back to you. This would solve your problem.

However, you say in your original post that your phone's imei is not clean. If this is the case, your uncle would not be able to activate it on his account since the phone has been reported as lost or stolen. You should find out where your uncle purchased the phone. If he purchased the phone used from another person, the person he purchased it from had either stolen the phone and sold it to your uncle or reported it as lost or stolen after your uncle purchased it.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Someone has reported the phone as lost or stolen.  If you buy a phone from somewhere like craigslist or ebay and the phone isn't 'clean', you won't be able to activate it on Verizon's network.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Basically a pretty Paper Weight..  Huh Tiki

0 Likes
abdelwahab

how can i clean it? i have checkmend report : check yourself https://www.checkmend.com/eu/show_pdf.php?id=CM5658912-C18F9. i don' understand

0 Likes
Not applicable

I constantly say that people have to be wary when buying from anywhere other than a box store.

And the other scam is to sell it while the meid/esn is clean, get the money and then report it lost or stolen. Then the scammer files a claim for the device under home owners or renters insurance.

On a personal note, B33 love the new avitar

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

If this is a phone you just bought, you need to return it to wherever you bought it and get your money back.  If this is your current phone that you've had with Verizon and it's suddenly showing up as 'not clean', you need to call Customer Service and discuss it with them ... it may be that the number was reported incorrectly. 

0 Likes
Not applicable

Where did you buy it from? if possible return it and get your money back. A customer who reported lost or stolen has to call and get it removed from the database if possible.

You were sold a bad phone, what don't you understand?

0 Likes
abdelwahab

brother. if you were in Africa and your uncle come give you a gift.ask him if the phone has not been report lost or stolen? what don't you understant too? it's easy to be in USA like if i choose to be in Africa.don't worry i'm proud if you don't want to reply me you have to close your mouth

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Thank ya..

0 Likes
Not applicable

You are being replied to.

So your uncle bought you the iphone as a gift. To use in Africa, do you have an Apple store where you live? if you do just go there and have them work on it. The meid of the phone maybe screwed up, or you entered the number wrong.

Did your uncle purchase from a Verizon store or an Apple store? The phone maybe locked to only verizon so that also could be the problem. There is no verizon store in Africa so how would you use verizons service there? Call verizon at the global customer service number and ask. If the phone is going to be used in Africa it has to be unlocked to use there, and a verizon cell is cdma and not gsm so its doubtful it will work at all.

Your uncle should have purchased the phone in Africa to use in Africa.

And you being proud has nothing to do with anything.

http://www.verizonwireless.com/wcms/global/support.html

0 Likes