iphone 6 settings on international trip
boomer9400

I will be traveling to Barbados next weekend and have purchased an international package from Verizon.  I know that Barbados is GSM only and that I can turn off CDMA roaming.  Anything else that I should adjust?  Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: iphone 6 settings on international trip
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Your upcoming trip to Barbados sounds amazing boomer9400. Which international plan did you add to your account? If you plan on making phone calls, you may want to ensure voice roaming is enabled by going to settings<cellular<raoming<voice roaming. Also, as  long as your SIM card has been activated for international travel and you have an international data plan to cover usage, ensure data roaming is enabled in the same field as voice roaming. If you wish to only use wi-fi for data usage, ensure you disable the data roaming on your phone. To disable data roaming on your phone tap on settings<cellular<roaming<disable data roaming.

Thank You,

MichelleS_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
boomer9400

Thanks! I set up the plan that includes 250 minutes/ 250 sent msg/ 250 MB. You mentioned activating the SIM card for international travel. How do I do that? boomer9400

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

You are very welcome boomer. Sounds like you are all set for your trip! Did you call in to get your international plan added? Your iPhone 6 is a 4G device that requires a SIM card so it is already activated. You do not need to do anything else to activate the phone. I have included some information that may be helpful for your trip. http://vz.to/1aGvDAs If you experience any difficulties with service, you may contact our International Team at no additional cost. Their number is also included in the link provided. I hope you have a fun and safe trip!

Thank You,

MichelleS_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes