iphone sending weird symbols and letters
chasemad17

My iphone is sending weird symbols and letters to non-smartphone users. I know that this happens when you send emojis but there are no emojis or special characters in the messages. This has been happening a lot more since I updated to the new 11 update two days ago. Is there anything I can do to stop this or are we just going to not be able to communicate with anyone who doesn't have a smartphone anymore?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: iphone sending weird symbols and letters
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to make sure that you can message anyone who has a smartphone or non-smartphone Chasemad17. I bet the receiver is wondering why they are getting these weird symbols and we will make sure we correct it. Which iPhone do you have? What messaging application are you using? Does this happen to every non-smartphone you text? Please post pics.

AmberF_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
JLEEMO

im having the same issue since the last couple updates however, i cannot tell you if this would be verizon updates or iphone ios updates that created this issue.......  im using imessage and my messages are going to non iphone users and some non smartphone users. they are saying my messages cannot be read and showing up in all symbols. im not using emoji or anything crazy like that.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let's figure this out, and get your device working again, JLEEMO. You mentioned that you aren't sending emoji in the texts. Are the texts that aren't going through longer than 160 characters? Does this happen every single time, or do some messages go through? This information will help us determine what may be causing this, so we can work to get it fixed.

MichelleH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
sjc_fnp

Having same issue! Please advise.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Sjc_fnp, thank you so much for a visual of what the other person is seeing when you send a text message. We want to make sure your messages are being received by the other person without any strange symbols. Can you please advise me, what model iPhone are you currently using? How long has this been going on? Please keep me posted. 

Kevin_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Mission412

I’m having this problem as well. I have an iPhone 11. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We're here to help. How long has this been going on? When was the last time you updated your software? JoelD_VZW

0 Likes