message+app crashing after recent update
jjguns1115

anyone else having an issue with the message+app crashing after the recent update to 5.0?  i am unable to send/receive messages or even open up my messages.  and all my contacts show up as unknown, no number or contacts.  

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: message+app crashing after recent update
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

This certainly isn't the experience we want for you. Please tell me, are your contacts stored on any platform (Verizon Cloud, Google iCloud)? Has the concern been solved? VCarter_VZW

0 Likes
jjguns1115

My contacts are backed up.  And the app won’t even open now.  No new updates.  I have tried turning it off and then back on, uninstalling/reinstalling, reset network etc…. Nothing has helped.  

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@jjguns1115 wrote:

My contacts are backed up.  And the app won’t even open now.  No new updates.  I have tried turning it off and then back on, uninstalling/reinstalling, reset network etc…. Nothing has helped.  

When you uninstalled, were you able to/did you clear data/cache?

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
jjguns1115

Not sure if iPhone offers to clear cache data when uninstalling.  And I can’t delete the app as I use the app for my work number. And I would lose all data.  I don’t like carrying around 2 phones.  I have missed out on over 160 messages so far.  It’s very frustrating. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

jjguns1115, we never like to see this issue happening, and we are here to help. We understand your concern with losing your data, but rest assured that as long as you have backed up your contacts and messaging history with the Verizon Cloud, you would be able to uninstall the Messages+ app to install it again to determine if this resolves the concern. Does this help clear up the details? Please let us know if you have attempted this step and provide us with your results at your earliest convenience. 

KevinM_VZW

0 Likes
jjguns1115

I have tried that multiple times and still nothing works.  I have been in contact with Apple and since it is a Verizon app, Verizon would need to do an update to correct the issue.  

0 Likes