need help with an iPhone
porkchop1911

I need to switch an iPhone 5s from Verizon to another service for my wife and they say Verizon needs to "release" or "unlock" the phone before I can link it to their networks. who do I contact about this?

Thanks for your time

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: need help with an iPhone
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

If you expect an instant answer to your question going to a peer-to-peer forum isn't the best way of doing it.

I believe the iPhone 5s was unlocked out of the box but if it's not you may be able to get Verizon to do it. Assuming you're still a customer and the phone was recently on your account. Call or visit a local Verizon store to see what they can do

View solution in original post

0 Likes
porkchop1911

screw you guys, I'm going home.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

The phone doesn't have to be unlocked, it has to be released, as in paid for either in full on Edge or the ETF paid on contract.  Until one is satisfied, the phone remains blacklisted.

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

If you expect an instant answer to your question going to a peer-to-peer forum isn't the best way of doing it.

I believe the iPhone 5s was unlocked out of the box but if it's not you may be able to get Verizon to do it. Assuming you're still a customer and the phone was recently on your account. Call or visit a local Verizon store to see what they can do

0 Likes