new iPhone5S is stuck
stymied

i left the verizon store with my new iphone5s waiting for it to restart? the screen shows an apple icon and a thin line horizontal underneath the logo. there is a very short white mark on the left of the line, as if it's suppose to be restarting? the white mark hasn't changed in 50 minutes. pressing the on/off switch does nothing. no one is available on the live chat to help with devices. i don't have another phone to call for help.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: new iPhone5S is stuck
ttipgem
Master - Level 1

Have you tried pressing and HOLDING the power button and the Home button at the same time to get the phone to reset?

Have you tried plugging it into a computer with iTunes?

Those are the first things to try.

Otherwise, take it back to the store for a replacement if it will not start up.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
ttipgem
Master - Level 1

Have you tried pressing and HOLDING the power button and the Home button at the same time to get the phone to reset?

Have you tried plugging it into a computer with iTunes?

Those are the first things to try.

Otherwise, take it back to the store for a replacement if it will not start up.

0 Likes
stymied

thank you so much. iTunes did the trick.

0 Likes
jj65
Enthusiast - Level 2

Also, having the same problem.  After waiting for so long for this to arrive (arrived 27 days later than stated on order date) now having to deal with the whole process of activating it.  Total mess!!!  The activation process appeared to be going smooth this morning, then all of a sudden it went into what looked like a software update.  Two hours later it was still stuck and would not update.  Called Tech Support and they could not figure out what was wrong.  Had to have my new phone deactivated and the old one turned back on.  Now tonight after going through the process again I am basically at the same place I was before.  This time I tried through Itunes and it is currently telling me I have 11 more hours remaining on the update.  This is after two hours of waiting so far!  The internet cannot be that slow that it takes this long to update.  The Apple Servers must be working overtime right now.  I know this if this is still updating at 6:00 AM when I get off work I am taking this back to Verizon and getting a different phone (not iPhone either).  I have about had it with the lousy customer support from Verizon and the lack of knowledge the CSR and tech reps that I have dealt with since ordering this phone.

0 Likes
ttipgem
Master - Level 1

Have you tried downloading the update in iTunes on a computer and updating that way?

0 Likes
jj65
Enthusiast - Level 2

I mentioned in my earlier post that I was using Itunes to do the update.  It did not take 11 hours as was indicated on my download window in Itunes.  It still took a total of 7 hours to update it to the latest IOS through Itunes and another couple of hours to transfer the apps to the phone.  It either was the Apple Server was overloaded or very slow internet connection.  I am gonna go with a combination of the two.  Either way the phone is finally working!

0 Likes