no warning about iPhone 6 backorder when purchasing
e789
Enthusiast - Level 1

Verizon should have warned about a backorder when I purchased my iPhone 6. I ordered overnight shipping expecting to receive it by today (2 days after purchase since I was after 4PM), but according to a phone rep it hasn't even shipped yet since it's on backorder.

I ordered a 128GB Gold iPhone 6. The Verizon order page does specify "backorder" for the 16GB or 64GB models, but when you select 128GB it changes to "Add to Cart" so I assumed the 128GB version was unaffected. Also, Verizon told me a delivery date of Oct 1 when I selected shipping options.

I think this warning needs to be clearer, and I shouldn't be charged (or have the first month begin) until it's at least shipped. In my case it's also urgent because my old phone is dead, so I won't have service until I receive the new one.

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: no warning about iPhone 6 backorder when purchasing
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I apologize for any confusion surrounding availability e789! We make every effort to provide clear disclosure of estimated shipping date when an order is placed. We are unable to apply credits for backorder equipment. Once your phone is available and ready for shipping, you will receive an email with tracking information.

AntonioC_VZW Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I apologize for any confusion surrounding availability e789! We make every effort to provide clear disclosure of estimated shipping date when an order is placed. We are unable to apply credits for backorder equipment. Once your phone is available and ready for shipping, you will receive an email with tracking information.

AntonioC_VZW Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/VZWSupport

0 Likes
Dfrazier97
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hello!

As expected from a business of Verizon's stature, it is safe to assume that there will be glitches in their system when it comes to Ads, Promotions, and such due to there being so many things they have to update. Unfortunately, you were one of the people to walk into a glitch, or should I say click. I am sorry that this happened to you.

Good luck!

0 Likes
e789
Enthusiast - Level 1

It wasn't just a glitch though. They are still showing it as currently available. If you select different colors and capacities, you can clearly see that they have different estimates for each one. For example Space Gray 128GB ships by 10/3, Space Gray 64GB ships by 10/31, and Gold 64GB ships by 10/24. These all show backorder while Gold 128GB does not. It seems that Verizon is assessing it as "not in backorder" which doesn't agree with the actual order fulfillment system.

Dfrazier97
Enthusiast - Level 3

Wow. That is really messed up. I hope they get it straightened out soon. Good luck!

kristi_in_Cali
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am SO mad today because of this!  I pre-ordered silver iphone 5 Plus 64gb on Sept 12th, got an email confirming.  I called 2 weeks later to confirm a ship date, and Verizon said it will ship by Oct 3rd and confirmed delivery by Oct. 10th.

Well, NO  phone has arrived!  I called today and she said they have serious back orders and now looking to ship around Oct. 28th!

I am out of contract and after 10 yrs with Verizon, I am looking at switching carriers simply for their lack of communication and for persuading us to pre-order without intention to really ship it by their confirmed ship date. 

It's al been very misleading!!!!

My iphone 4s is dead as a doornail, I have 3 kids and no phone now for emergencies......

Ready to say Goodbye to Verizon! MAD!!!!!!!

cholleger
Enthusiast - Level 1

I ordered a 128 GB IPhone and was supposed to ship on or by 10/31/2014. Called today and customer service had no additional information. So the wait continues.

Kewman33
Enthusiast - Level 1

Here's the problem Verizon, you get me to update my phone, I ordered phone begining of October, you tell my verizon store it will ship October 31st.  Its now November 3rd, the store has no answers and when I call you tell me now it wont ship  until November 21st?????   You dont notify me in any form, I have 4 family iphones and been a customer since bell atlantic!   That is just bad customer service, get people to buy the new iphones, tell them it will ship in 3 weeks, when in fact you know they will not be shipped on that date, now waiting 2 months and counting..   Very disappointed and more concerned about getting people to upgrade and not being honest about ship dates.....   when in fact sprint stores have both the Iphone 6 and 6 plus in stock.   Seeing how verizon will really treat their loyal customers and will contemplate other options on lure tactics by verizon... NOT HAPPY.

GreenIvy
Enthusiast - Level 2

And I'm sure Verizon will refund the $30 charged just to have the privilege of owning an IPhone? no warning about iPhone 6 backorder when purchasing

iPhone 6 on backorder

0 Likes
GreenIvy
Enthusiast - Level 2

Dfrazier97,

Yes, Verizon is a large company with millions of paying customers. If they cannot meet supply due to current staff shortages or "Ad confusion" then it's time for a reorganization! Would you not agree?@

0 Likes