poor celsel phone service in home
P3256

Live in Bluffton SC and have poor cell phone service - how can I improve the service on all three phones?  Two iphone 5 and 1 iphone 7

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: poor celsel phone service in home
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

P3256, quality service at home is critical.  Let’s work together to get this resolved.  Is this issue occurring indoors and outdoors?  When did this start?  What specifically happens with calling, texting, and data?  Is this occurring in other locations at all?

SeanC_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
P3256

Has been occurring when in my home and can not hold conversation -breaking up wherever in home. Never have more then 1 bar. Generally just calls. Text seem fine

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

On the iPhone 7 you can activate WiFi Calling. Not much can be done with the iPhone 5 devices unless they are also capable of WiFi calling.

Never any guarantee of connectivity inside of any structure.

0 Likes
P3256

How do I enable wifi calling and does it cost more $

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

It does not cost more money.

Open Settings and pull down for the Search then search for WiFi Calling.

0 Likes
ADWMD1

I live in Iron City, TN.  Zip 38463.  I am not actually in a city.  That is a mailing address.  I have been a Verizon Customer for over 15 years (estimate).  I have NEVER been able to get texts, internet or calls from my home, unless I stand at the end of the driveway or on a hill amongst thte cows.  This has happened on several smart phones that I have owned, over the years. I have to route through my Wild Blue satellite internet..  In the past, I was told that there was not a tower close enough, for cellular service.

Tonight, while reading the news, I learned that Verizon turned down a 140 million dollar Connect grant, via the FCC.  The grant was intended to make modern day and vital services available to rural Americans.  This might include banking, credit card services, Telemedicine, etc....  This is VERY disappointing.  Travel through much of Europe, and you will find well-serviced rural communities. 

I have contacted Verizon numerous times in the past, to no avail.  Is there ANY remedy for this?  Tonight, alone, I was routed from "chat" on My Verizon, told to call Technical Service.  They referred me to VerizonWireless.com.  I hope this is the correct place.  A call from a real person would be nice, too. After all, you are expecting me to handle things electronically, but don't provide me with electronically based services at my home. 

This situation is analogous to the Rural Electrication Program, decades ago.  Will you help provide me with basic cellular service, including internet access?

0 Likes