problem with rebate
bjmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

I purchased an apple iPhone from Xfinity after having used Verizon. Realized that the service was ineffective for me.

Returned to Verizon.  Purchased Verizon service.  Apparently a rebate was issued but my email address was misspelled.   

I have spent HOURS trying to receive my 'rebate', with a multitude of departments.  Twice I have been told that the rebate would come in 24 hours.  It never came.  

Now I receive a note that the submission was invalid.   I am angry.  What do I do?

JF

0 Likes
Re: problem with rebate
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We certainly want to make sure the rebate is processed as it should be! I apologize for the hassle.  Please send us a Private Note and we can offer you more personalized support to investigate the rebate.   -Yale

0 Likes
Cher1962
Enthusiast - Level 2

We have been going through this since November. We just switched our family service (3 phones) to Verizon from Sprint.  I have called, emailed, submitted bills, contacted through facebook, was even on hold for an hour and 45 minutes once..... issues continue.  VERIZON is now in POSSESSION of my brand new iPhone I just purchased through sprint last spring.  We were promised a $1,000 rebate at the store when we signed on.  Now it looks as though they just “intend” to reimburse the payoff  BUT we can’t even get that!!  Have submitted our bill at LEAST 3 times.  They want our phone number listed next to the payoff but that page apparently either doesn’t exist or isn’t good enough.  Criminal in my opinion.   VERIZON HAS MY BRAND NEW PHONE  that I had to pay off on our final bill of $874.00 and refuses to send our promised  rebate.  We also had to pay $149 for our daughter’s phone which they also have.  We weren’t given any credits either for the phones we sent in.  I have asked for either our phones back or the rebate.  I regret SO MUCH switching.  Makes me miss the days of landlines.  Will follow up on any resolution.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused, Cher1962. Our goal is for you to take advantage of all the available promotions. We sent you a Private Note so we can continue working on this together. 

-Gerson

0 Likes
Cher1962
Enthusiast - Level 2

I’m extremely jaded at this point Gerson but appreciate your message.  This entire experience has been an absolute nightmare and have spent countless hours trying to reach a resolution.  This is my last attempt before having our attorney handle this for us.

0 Likes
Cher1962
Enthusiast - Level 2

And there was no way for me to reply to you in the private message

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hearing that you are having difficulty sending us a Private Message concerns us, because we want to assist you with your concerns.  Can you state what happens when you attempt to send the message, are you getting an error message? *Lisa

0 Likes
ajpsharkey

We are having the same issue. Ours dates back to November. We called multiple times to resolve the issue and we were told to get a copy of our bill and submit to an email. We never received the email.  Today we went into the store and between the store and the call to customer service, all we learned is that although we called multiple times with issues trying to resolve the issue, they will no longer honor the rebate.  I spoke with a “member of management”, a Support Coordinator. I am livid. We now owe Sprint $1200.  Unscrupulous.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Wow it seems like you have been through a lot. I can take a look to see what we have already discussed with you. Please meet me in a private message. 

-Amber

0 Likes
Cher1962
Enthusiast - Level 2

I appreciate you reaching out, Amber but not sure there is anything you can do.  We have the receipt from the Verizon store that details the amount(s) of the rebate we were promised.  We have 3 lines.  I was promised $1,000 for my new iPhone 12 pro. I received $583, which took countless emails and phone calls to receive.  We were to receive a $800 rebate for our daughter‘s phone and $400 for my husbands’.  We never received anything for their phones as promised.  Again, countless phone calls and emails and many frustrating hours/weeks/months.  We kept receiving emails that Verizon was unable to process.  We sent in every bill from Sprint we had and nothing ever sufficed. First of all, nothing should be promised upfront, that is such an unethical practice.  We were forced to surrender OUR phones, one that I had just purchased a few months earlier and told I couldn’t use through Verizon then struggled greatly to get our PROMISED rebate to basically just reimburse me for the payoff on our final bill to Sprint.  I still have the receipt from the store detailing our promised rebates but thus far this hasn’t helped our situation.  We were customers of Sprint for 23 years and never had an issue.  We switched because when they merged with T Mobile we kept dropping calls and my husband was unable to get service at all in some locales. I feel this was a very abhorrent, deceitful, bait and switch tactic.

0 Likes