push notifications not working when iPhone 8 locked
spudmtn

This is my first iPhone and I am coming from a Black Berry.  I have the phone set up for push notifications while phone is locked and it does not seem to be working.  I have an aol and gmail account for mail.  I know that all of the settings are correct.  I never had an issue with the BB.

Actually push notifications generally do not work whether the phone is locked or not.  Is this a common issue?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: push notifications not working when iPhone 8 locked
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Being notified when you have a new e-mail is very important and the iPhone 8 is a great device, spudmtn.  I do have a few questions if you don’t mind.  Are you using the native Mail app or are you using the downloaded e-mail app for Gmail and AOL?  You should receive a number notification by the app if you receive a new e-mail.  Are you not receiving those?  You can check your notification settings by going to Settings > Notifications > tap on the app in particular or mail if you are using the native app > ensure that it’s on and then you can click on the specific e-mail account and toggle the alert and how you want this to appear when a new one arrives. 

Adam_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
spudmtn

Thanks Adam.  I am using the native mail app and all of my notification settings are correct. My wife has an iPhone SE and has the same issue while at home.  Our cell signal strength is only one bar here at home and our WiFi is only 8.7mbps for download.  I am wondering if  that could be the reason for the slow to non-existent email push.

Apple support is looking into the issue for me, as well. The case is now with engineering.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I appreciate these details, spudmtn. I'm glad you were able to have Apple investigate this further for you. Please keep us posted. I did want to address the signal concern. When you are at home and have one bar, what is your service experience?

Andrea_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes