do you have to have good credit to qualify for verizon edge?
I'm not sure about credit but I know you have to be in pretty good standings with VZW. I believe at least 6 months or more without any interruption in service or late payments. You can read below for Verizon's stance on EDGE or check all of the FAQ using the link below...
Verizon Edge | Verizon Wireless
I'm an existing Verizon Wireless customer and received a letter about not being eligible or having to make a down payment for Verizon Edge. How can I become eligible?
Because Verizon Edge is an installment agreement to pay for equipment over time, we check for financial good standing on any account in your name. If you're not currently eligible for Verizon Edge, there's a variety of ways to qualify for this type of equipment payment option:
- If your account(s) has (have) had returned payments and your payment options have been limited to cash only, you can become eligible for Verizon Edge by paying your balance in full each month for the next 6 months.
- If your account(s) balance(s) is (are) past due $25 or more when you applied for Verizon Edge, you'll need to pay off all balances in full to become eligible.
- If you have any unpaid account(s) with Verizon Wireless that has (have) been disconnected for non-payment and referred to an outside collection agency, you can become eligible for Edge by making payment in full to satisfy the debt.
- If your account(s) has (have) been suspended for non-payment within the last 6 months, you'll need to pay your bill in full for the next 6 months in order to qualify for Verizon Edge.
- If your original activation credit decision resulted in your having to pay a security deposit, which we're still holding on your account, you'll need to pay your bill in full each month for 1 year from when the deposit was originally paid.
For your convenience, there are several ways to make a payment:
- Online through My Verizon
- At a Verizon Wireless store
- Calling a Customer Service Representative at (800) 922-0204
Note: You may also be eligible for Verizon Edge by paying a down payment within the first 6 months of service with Verizon Wireless based on the original activation credit decision when you opened your account.