siren tone?
dtecklenburg

When people try and call, they get an alternating or siren tone and I don't receive calls. My wife's phone works perfectly in the same room, so it's in an active  service area. There are no privacy or do not disturb settings activated. I can receive texts and make outgoing calls. Any ideas?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: siren tone?
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

I imagine that whatever your issue is it's something related to the network and not the device since callers are getting an odd tone. Your phone wouldn't make that happen. At least to the best of my knowledge it wouldn't. Have you contacted CS to troubleshoot the issue?

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

This is the 2nd or 3rd "siren" related iPhone post in a week.  I'm curious as well as to what this is.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

dtecklenburg,

That's certainly an odd occurrence considering everything else works fine. There is one thing I want you to check first; can you dial *73 and send from your device. It won't be an actual call to a person but it will make a beep, beep, beep drop off tone. This tye of call is meant to disable call forwarding (just in case you inadvertently activated it). After doing so, please retest.

Try that & let me know how it works.

EbonyR_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes