strange bug in new phone
stinky7777

Hi,

I'm having a strange bug in my new iphone. I recently upgraded to an iphone from an older model of phone and had my contacts transferred to the new phone by the sales rep at the store. I dont know how the process worked exactly, but im guessing it has something to do with the sims cards or something like that. anyway, ive ad my phone for a day and it has been working fine up until an hour ago. suddenly, i am able to make and receive text messages from my new phone, but i can only make and receive calls from my old phone. i was told that once my service was activated with my new phone, that the old one would just have no more service. that was the case until about an hour ago. now i can text from my new phone, but can only make phone calls from the old one. anyone ever hear of this happening? please help. thanks ahead of time.

sincerely,

joe

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: strange bug in new phone
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

Did you port a line over from a different carrier? Verizon wouldn't use the simcard from an old device in your new iPhone 4s (the only iPhone that Verizon carries that uses a sim card...I assume that is what you have even though you posted in the iPhone 4 forum). You need to contact VZW for further assistance...this doesn't sound like a bug with the phone but an issue with the account.

0 Likes
victorbraga98
Contributor - Level 1

is the previous phone on verizon? if so its probably activated, if I were you, I'd go on settings on that old phone and do a hard reset and that should deactivate that phone, then restart your new iPhone, plug it in to iTunes to make sure its activated properly and it should work just fine.

0 Likes
AntonioC_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hi stinky7777,

I see that you've been provided with a couple options to resolve the issues with your phones (thanks victorbraga98 and kaebfly), this is definitely an activation issue. I trust that you have contacted our technical support at 1-800-922-0204 and your concerns have been resolved by now. If you still need assistance with the proper activation of your new iPhone please send me a direct message with your name and number and I will follow up with you to resolve the activation issue.

For immediate assistance please call 800-922-0204. We're available 6am to 11pm CST., every day of the year. Please call us from another phone and have your iPhone fully charged and available for troubleshooting.

You can also contact us on Twitter @VZWSupport Monday to Friday 7am-10pm CST., and Saturday 7am to 4pm CST.

AntonioC_VZWSupport

Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

0 Likes