unable to activate my iphone 4s
deepratan

hi. i have received this iphone 4s as a gift from a friend when i was in Dubai. After coming to India i updated it through itunes. But now when am trying to activate the handset it show that the handset cant be activated by this sim inserted presently. After making a contact to Iphone customer care i came to know that the handset is locked to be activated on VERIZON sim. And it can be activated on another sim service only after VERIZON permits to do so. Can anyone pls help me in this case?

thanks

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: unable to activate my iphone 4s
rcschnoor
Legend

Before Verizon will unlock an iPhone 4S, you will have to meet their criteria in order to do so.

This would include CURRENTLY being active on a Verizon line of service. The line of service must have been active and in good standing for at least 60 days. There cannot have been any unlock requests on this line of service in the past 10 months.

You should contact your friend to inquire where he got the phone. If he/she is a Verizon customer, send it to him/her and have him/her activate it on their account, unlock it and send it back to you. They can then reactivate their own phone back on their line of service.

If your friend is NOT a Verizon customer, there is no way for you to unlock the phone and maybe you should look to sell it on ebay.

You can look at THIS thread for more info. Good luck.

0 Likes
Re: unable to activate my iphone 4s
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Dear deepratan,

Good morning. Congrats on your new iPhone. I know how important it is to ensure you have a working phone. Especially, if your out of the country. It would be my pleasure to address your equipment concerns.

Are you a current customer of ours? In order for us to unlock a device to be used internationally, you must be a current customer. If you are a current customer and need the device to be unlocked, please contact our Global Support Team at (908)559-4899. Should you have further questions or concerns, please feel free to reach out to us. Have a great weekend and a safe trip!

Thank You,
MichelleS_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

0 Likes