unlock iphone 4s?
Xplode

hey guys i bought this iphone 4s locked to verizon from US and i want to use vodafone sim in india...so what can i do?...will verizon unlock the sim or i have to replace verizon sim with vodafone?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: unlock iphone 4s?
Not applicable

Hello everyone! To unlock an iPhone or any other VZW phone, you must be an active VZW customer. For full requirements, refer to my post here. Also, if you are an active VZW customer and want to unlock your phone, you do need an unlock code. You can also get this unlock code by contacting our Global Support team at 800-711-8300 while in the US, or 908-559-4899 while roaming internationally. 

Also, for an iPhone, after you insert the international SIM in your device, you will then see a prompt on the phone to connect to iTunes. You will not be able to use the phone until it is activated again thru iTunes on your computer or thru a WiFi connection. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
21stNow
Master - Level 1

Once you have been a VZW customer for 60 days, VZW will give you the unlock code.  Are you still a VZW customer?

0 Likes
Xplode
No im. Not a verizon customer any more and im in india now..please help me out im in real mess what can i do???
0 Likes
21stNow
Master - Level 1

Go to Support and then Contact Us on this website to send VZW an email to see if they can help you.

0 Likes
sru

I spoke to international support today since it has passed 60 days for those who bought the iphone 4s on day 1.  She indicated that there wasn't anything that needed to be done to the phone.  In the past with blackberry phones, you had to call, get a code, go through to a special menu and enter the unlock code to unlock the phone.  This apparently isn't the case with iphones.

I was told to get the other sim card and give them the card's number (or sim serial, not sure since haven't done it yet) and they'll add it to the list of activated sim cards on your account.  Dial 611 from your phone (if you are international, the rep. said they do not charge for this call).  Once the sim card details are entered into your account, you should be able to swap one out and use the other.

Not as easy as having a true unlocked phone, but this seems to the way verizon wants to handle iphones.  If someone receives different information or instructions, please share.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Hello everyone! To unlock an iPhone or any other VZW phone, you must be an active VZW customer. For full requirements, refer to my post here. Also, if you are an active VZW customer and want to unlock your phone, you do need an unlock code. You can also get this unlock code by contacting our Global Support team at 800-711-8300 while in the US, or 908-559-4899 while roaming internationally. 

Also, for an iPhone, after you insert the international SIM in your device, you will then see a prompt on the phone to connect to iTunes. You will not be able to use the phone until it is activated again thru iTunes on your computer or thru a WiFi connection. 

0 Likes