Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: Early next week, we’ll be merging the current Fios and Wireless Communities into the all new Verizon Community! Beginning the evening of Sunday 12/4, both Communities will be placed in read-only mode. You’ll still be able to visit the Communities and browse content, but login will be disabled. On the afternoon of Monday 12/5, all users will be able to log into the new Verizon Community. We expect the new Community to be fully functional the morning of Friday 12/9. Additional details can be found in the Announcements board and under Featured Topics!
why is my iphone 4s wifi function greyed out?
markitektus

my iphone 4s wifi is greyed out, now i cant use it. have tried resetting to no avail. any idea how to restore it? is it a hardware problem?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: why is my iphone 4s wifi function greyed out?
kaebfly
Leader

You can try searching the Apple support site to see if the issue is addressed (www.apple.com/support). You can also try doing an actual restore to see if that helps. Make sure you back up your device first or you will lose your data.

0 Likes
xhunter4u

This is a known problem with 4s phones. The only solution is to get a new phone, sure hope yours is under warranty, otherwise you'll have to try and  convince either VZW  or Apple to give you a new phone based on the multitude of failures they've had with the WIFI function.

0 Likes
doridoo74

This is not an execptable answer. Why should someone have to get a new phone when LOADS of people are having the same issue? Someone either at Verizon or Apple need to fix this problem.

0 Likes
xhunter4u

Dude, I'm not a Verizon rep, nor am I an Apple rep. I'm just a guy who had the same problem and I'm passing along info on what I had to do to fix it. That said, if you're iPhone is out of warranty what I'd do is Google the problem, print out a few of the posts on whatever website you found info on the same problem, then take that stuff with you to the Apple store and demand they give you a new phone. But getting angry at me isn't going to help you.

Comment edited as required by the Terms of Service.

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

0 Likes
Doridoo29

Really all I was trying to say is that why should we have to get a new phone when it is something that verizon and apple are aware of and multiple people are having the same problem. I no where attacked you in away shape or form. Who said I was angry at you?

PS.. I am a dudette and was trying to hurry up at work while typing the first e-mail excuse the incorrect spelling..

Comments edited as required by the Terms of Service.

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

0 Likes