Getting a Defective phone issued by Asurion replaced by Asurion.
hchristy2013
Enthusiast - Level 2

Good Evening All,

I have a quick question for anyone to answer.  My dad currently has an Asurion issued replacement phone (Casio C741/Brigade), This is the 2nd one, and it has yet again become defective. I called Asurion since they give each phone a 1 year warranty, They inform me that this phone is no longer available. (Is that fair? We pay for insurance every month, and they don't have the phone available, to top it off it is indefinitely unavailable.)  They are offering me comparable devices such as: Ravine, Ravine 2, Convoy, Barrage, and the Commando. Out of those 5 devices, 2 are currently offered by Verizon.  I fond this utterly ridiculous.  I called again, and now they're offering Samsung Brightside, Commando, or the Intensity II. Either they are off their rockers, or think I am stupid. They are a VERY disorganized company.  I just want another Brigade for my Dad. Has anyone else ever dealt with this? If so, did you get your way,? or settle with a different phone? If you did get your way, how did you do it?

Thanks for your time,

HankSmiley Sad

Labels (1)
Re: Getting a Defective phone issued by Asurion replaced by Asurion.
budone
Legend

There policy is rather clear, if a specific phone type is not available, you get a another device.

scott21
Contributor - Level 2

Thats why i allways say asurion is a rip off.. But i understand why some ppl have to have it tho.

0 Likes
SydneyK
Master - Level 3

This is unfortunately true. If you're being told you can't get a Brigade, I don't know of any workaround through Verizon or Assurion.

You could purchase a refurbished Brigade off Ebay (look for a highly rated seller who accepts returns). After using it for a while to make sure it's working properly, you could then sell the device you get for an insurance replacement to help offset the cost of the Brigade.

I'm sorry I don't have better news for you.

0 Likes
ggsf
Enthusiast - Level 1

Asurion has sent me 3 defective refurbished phones IN A ROW.

They are a total scam and send out garbage defective devices.

Stay away!

HiPoPony

Would be nice to be able to "stay away" from Asurion if Verizon offered an alternative insurance company. As it is, we are at their mercy and they have no accountability. If (when) the phone they send you turns out to be defective, they fail to process claims in a timely manor. Not to mention that their email/web assistance is pathetic. You have to call them (my phone doesn't work...hello!). Been without a phone for 3 days (can't run a business like this!) and I'm being told by them that they failed to properly submit the replacement request and so it'll be another day. Lovely. Verizon needs to find another insurance company to do business with.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

HiPoPony wrote:

Would be nice to be able to "stay away" from Asurion if Verizon offered an alternative insurance company. As it is, we are at their mercy and they have no accountability. If (when) the phone they send you turns out to be defective, they fail to process claims in a timely manor. Not to mention that their email/web assistance is pathetic. You have to call them (my phone doesn't work...hello!). Been without a phone for 3 days (can't run a business like this!) and I'm being told by them that they failed to properly submit the replacement request and so it'll be another day. Lovely. Verizon needs to find another insurance company to do business with.

There are those who would also say "you can't run a business like this" with your only phone line being 1 cellular phone!

0 Likes
Adriii
Enthusiast - Level 2

Asurion lost a class action law suit in 2007 over giving customers broken merchandise, so why did Verizon recommend that I get Asurion insurance in 2011?  And why does Verizon CONTINUE to recommend insurance from this fraudulent company?  I've gone through **** with them, currently have a phone that I can't use to make phone calls b/c I can't hear the person on the other line.  Not only is Asurion giving broken refurbished phones, but when they submit the shipping info to Verizon, they lie and say that they sent a brand new phone (I just found that out from a Verizon agent).  Verizon is now sending me a brand new phone, thank goodness, but seriously needs to cut ties with Asurion.  - See more at: https://community.verizonwireless.com/message/792271#792271

spamuback
Enthusiast - Level 3

They probably have cases of junk phones laying around that are defective returned junk. Charge a deductible - reach in the box - done. Next customer please. If you keep returning - you might get one of your own old phones back.

0 Likes
Getting a Defective phone issued by Asurion replaced by Asurion.
Adriii
Enthusiast - Level 2

I got my way by finally calling Verizon and having them replace my phone since they were the ones that recommended such a crooked company for "insurance."

0 Likes