HELP! My Extravert Bluetooth won't stay paired.
scaronni

My Extravert paired easily with my car (Lexus IS350) and performed nicely for a week or 10 days, then suddenly balked. Now I get in my car and the screen says "Bluetooth connection unsuccessful." I've deleted the pairing from both devices and started over from scratch but now it won't pair at all.

The LG Forum (lgforum.com) shows the same complaint from all sorts of Lexus drivers (I haven't checked for other auto brands). None of us had any problems whatsoever with previous phones connecting to our Bluetooth. There seems to be a bug in the Extravert software that causes it to choke.

I need my phone to work with my car. This has already caused one scrape and a near-accident close call.

Two questions:

1. Can Verizon exert any pressure to make LG fix this in a timely manner?

2. Does anyone have a suggestion on how to jimmy it in the meantime?

I'd really appreciate some advice, other than the obvious "get rid of the phone."  Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: HELP! My Extravert Bluetooth won't stay paired.
TominqueBo_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello scaronni,

I definitely understand how important the bluetooth feature is.  Since you have done the first step of deleting the pairing and repairing my next suggestion would be to complete a factory reset to the device.  This will erase everything on the device so please back up prior.  You can complete this reset by following the visuals here .  After the reset please reprogram the device by dialing *228 send option 1.  Once you pair the device please observe and share your results.  If additional assistance is needed we can certainly move forward from there.  Please let me know if you have any questions.  Thank you. 

TominqueBo

VZW Support

Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport

0 Likes
scaronni

Thanks for the advice. The reset did allow me to pair successfully with my car's Bluetooth. Now let's see how long it stays paired. I'll report back if it drops again, or if/when it breaks its previous record of 2 weeks.

0 Likes
lewisr13
Champion - Level 1

If it happens again try removing the battery while the phone is on, then re-install and try to pair again. This fixes the same problem I have with my Ford system. Everyone wants to blame the car manufacturer when I believe it's the phones causing the issue.

0 Likes
scaronni

Thanks for the tip, Lewis. I've said all along that it's the phone, not the car. LG said they're looking at it, but getting around to solving it with an update could take a lo-o-o-ng time. Meanwhile, driving with a malfunctioning phone is dangerous!

0 Likes
tdanaso

I too have had bluetooth problems with my 2011 Camry - and as you, Verizon kept telling me it was the car - I told them my last LG worked and never dropped pairing.  So, I just reset my whole phone - lost all songs and pictures, but hopefully it will stay paired now.  Of course they don't mention any of this when selling you the phone :/.  If it doesn't work this time - I might never buy another LG. As far as the songs - hopefully they will not charge me to download them again.  Having automatic bluetooth connection to your car is a safety feature - and when it does not work - it is hazardous!

0 Likes
hime

I am also having trouble with my LG extravert staying paird with my 2010 Prius  I have google LG Extravert blue tooth problem and it seems this is the problem.  Can anyone help me this, I am stuck with this phone for 2 yrs!

0 Likes
hijudykay

I have a 2010 Ford Fusion.  My LG Extravert will not stay paired either.  After about 20 seconds, it tells me "Phone disconnected."  I have not tried the reset options I had read on here, but will the first chance I get.  "Fingers crossed" it works.

0 Likes
tranp95127

Extravert 2 has problem with my Prius 2011 too. The connection drops in a day or two. What I did to temporarily fix it is to power down the phone and turn it back on again. I did chat to an LG agent and what he suspected that there is and incompatibility problem exist between the phone and the car. LG is currently not looking into the problem because there isn't any problem to look at. LG provides the phone that meets Verizonwireless specifications and that's all there is to it. LG has no control over the features and function which Verizonwireless promises to their customers. The bottom line is that, we as customers just have to live with the problem or throw away the phone and get something that works. As for myself, I'm going back to use my old LG Cosmos which works with my car every time.

0 Likes