Manual does not match phone. Nice false advertising, Verizon.
Caroline123

Page 54 of the manual for the LG Cosmos 3 phone says that I should be able to delete photos. The latter is not possible on the phone. I am disgusted that the manual does not even match the phone. Verizon, I was going to add internet service, but now I am reconsidering.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Manual does not match phone. Nice false advertising, Verizon.
Not applicable

LG Cosmos 3 Manual / User Guide

Read this one.

Good Luck

0 Likes
Caroline123

This is the manual I already downloaded. Like I wrote, the manual says photos may be deleted. The photos that came with the phone cannot be deleted.

I am frustrated and disgusted. Because of the exchange policy to which I agreed, I am stuck. But a BBB complaint does seem in order. Customers pay a lot for Verizon. The manuals should be accurate.

Please do not make excuses for a shabby manual.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Excuse me. The manual I gave a link for comes from the maker of the phone.

You are now blaming Verizon wireless for a manual from LG

http://www.lgusa.com get the support number and calk and get mad at them.

You would be more credible in your complaint if you knew to whom you should complain to.

Good Luck

0 Likes
Caroline123

We will have to agree to disagree on who is responsible here. In my eyes, Verizon sold it. I paid Verizon for it. Verison has responsibility for the manuals for the product it sells and activates. With respect, I do not need to hear further from you. I know my options (pay $35 and exchange; upgrade at some point; complain to BBB). Take care.

0 Likes
Not applicable

It is page 58

Allows you to view and manage photos stored in the phone.

1.From standby mode, press [MENU].

2.Press 3.

Press 4.Press Media Center. Pictures. My Pictures.

5.Highlight a picture with the Directional Key .

Options from here: ●Press [VIEW]to view it.

●Press the Left Soft Key [Erase]to delete it.

Very simple

0 Likes
Not applicable

Verizon does not make devices. Verizon is a retailer like best buy or Walmart. You don't complain to Best Buy or Walmart for a manual provided by LG. Stop talking so foolish.

You buy a connection to the cellular and data network. Nothing else.

If you buy from Best Buy or Walmarts after 15 days they send you to the maker of the product.

Verizon does not make cell phones.

And when you post such tripe online I have every right to respond.

And I never mentioned you returning anything. You have been saying that.

Good Luck

Caroline123

Dear Elector, I appreciate your trying. I went through this on the phone with a Verizon tech support person already. The tech support person held his own LG Cosmos 3 phone in his hand as we tried to get rid of the photos. We tried a few ways. He confirmed that the photos that came with the phone cannot be deleted using the method below or it would seem any other manual method. I asked him to please let his superiors know of my objection. I did just write LG USA per the link you kindly provided, objecting to the manual and the pictures being fixed on the phone forever as far as I can tell. The box that the phone came in and the phone itself have "Verizon" written all over them, so I would call this dual responsibility. Maybe they'll do something. Maybe not. But I am not happy. I do not blame you. Thank you again for trying. AC

0 Likes
Caroline123

I do not have any problem with your responding. What I meant before was you tried to find a solution to the technical problem. There is not a solution. You are not obliged to do more other than maybe concede the manual is wrong.

If Wal-Mart sold a product with its name on it, I think expressing any objection I might have to Wal-Mart is appropriate. I do not expect you to agree.

No hard feelings towards you. I feel the manual should reflect reality.

Take care.

0 Likes
Not applicable

I am still looking for a solution. I use to have a LG VX3300 and it had five photos one was a smiley face, a rose, a psychedelic scene, and another one that would not come off the device.

I remember uploading them to Verizon's pix place, then I went back and deleted them. Like I said I am still out on the web.

Not a problem, I understand when frustrated events happen.

0 Likes