Supported audio file format for LG Revere 3?
bbku

I've attempted to import custom ringtones under every common audio file format without any luck.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Supported audio file format for LG Revere 3?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hey there bbku! I know from experience that getting custom ringtones on a basic function phone can be both fun and challenging. The default supported file format for sounds is .mp3. However, importing sound files isn't always an option. Where are you trying to get the files from?

DionM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

0 Likes
bbku

I'm transferring the mp3 from my laptop to phone via bluetooth. All of my attempts have been unsuccessful as the phone displays that the file is a unsupported file format. My mp3 files are all below 500kb and 30 seconds in length.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

bbku,
Thank you so much for those details. I was able to dig a little deeper into this issue.  Have you been able to attempt to plug the phone into the computer with a USB cable and try to move the files over that way? How much memory is on the phone? You can always check that by going into Menu, Settings and Tools, Memory, use the Directional Key to select file storage then press okay.

KevinR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport 

0 Likes
bbku

There is currently 83.1 MB available on the phone. Could you remind me on how to manually transfer files via the USB cable? Connecting the phone to the PC via the USB cable doesn't immediately open any avenues for transferring files.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

bbku,

I'm sorry about that however, your device cannot transfer content using a Cable or USB. Here are other options to transfer content: http://vz.to/1tyA7Uu

0 Likes
bbku

So then back to square one, how do I transfer a ringtone via bluetooth to my LG Revere 3 if the phone considers mp3, wav, ogg, etc. audio files to be unsupported.

0 Likes
bbku

Okay, I haven't heard anything from customer support for a week so here's some more information. My father owns a LG VN150S, and it displays the same message that mp3 files are not supported. Therefore, I'm guessing that the software for the LG Revere 3 hasn't been differentiated from the LG Revere 2 to allow for the latest phone to support custom mp3 playback.

0 Likes