Transferring pictures from LG Exalt to PC
DobieGillis

When I connect my LG Exalt to a Windows PC via the USB cable, it shows up as "CD Drive (E:) Verizon Mobile".  There's a Tools folder, but no folder for pictures I have taken with the camera.  How do I get to the pictures?  Thanks.

This is the same question that Studebaker Avanti asked about a month ago and the Verizon tech completely evaded the basic question.  Why doesn't the memory of the phone show up as a new accessable drive?  We shouldn't have to buy an SD card to have our PC access the phones internal memory when connected by USB.

This is my 3rd Verizon phone and I have NEVER had this trouble before.

Can Verizon or someone shed some light?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Transferring pictures from LG Exalt to PC
DobieGillis

Follow on comments:

I contacted LG Product Support with the same question.  Their partial response follows:

If you are trying to transfer files from the phone to the computer, you will need a micro SD card. Your phone supports a memory card with up to 32GB

Since the memory of your phone is too small the computer will not recognize it, so that’s why you must get a memory card and move the pictures to the memory card

In order to move the pictures to the SD card, you must go into your picture gallery and tap more, then select “move to SD card/ move to phone”, select all files, hit move.

After this, go to Menu - Settings & Tools - tools - USB Mass storage, and then connect the phone to the computer. Your phone will be recognized as a removable disk and you will be able to drag and drop the files.

Sincerely,

Lorraine D.

----------------

LG Customer Service

0 Likes
nwohiojim

I have jumped through all the hoops and still can't get the pics. 

0 Likes
DobieGillis

Make sure that your pictures are saved to the micro card, not the phones memory (menu/settings & tools/Memory/Save Options/Pictures. Select card memory)

Then after the phone is plug to your computer via USB cable, select menu/settings & Tools/USB mode/Mass Storage

0 Likes