$100 fee for a connector
MNSinNYC

:Last week, the connector to my backup battery had a loose wire. I tried to get a new one from Verizon but was told by tech support to try Best Buy or Radio Shack. They don't sell them, wasted an hour in stores. Called tech support again, they wouldn't sell me the little cable, told me someone had to come install it. Now, this thing just clips on and in, and I certainly didn't need any help. But, hey, if that's the rule...

Never was a charge for this "installation" mentioned.

Day before and day of, I proceed to get several robocalls, text messages, and emails letting me know a technician is on the way. None of these mention a charge, or ask if I'm OK paying for a "house call."

The techs come, take the little cable out of a box, pop it in, and leave. Oh and they also convinced me to get a new backup battery for $40 since the old one was... old.

One minute after they leave, I get an email "thanking" me and informing me a $100 charge will be added to my next bill. I immediately call to complain, of course, and am told that's the normal charge for sending out a tech. A tech that I DIDN'T NEED! All I wanted was the little connector that they wouldn't sell me! I got tired of arguing with the phone rep and was getting nowhere, so eventually I gave up.

But obviously I'm still upset about it. And thinking: can I do a chargeback? What are my rights? I think this is utterly ridiculous and I was forced UNKNOWINGLY into a huge charge for very little. I totally understand if something was really wrong and needed repair. But this is not the case.

Advice? Help? Sympathy anyone? Thanks!

0 Likes
Re: $100 fee for a connector
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi MNSinNYC,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and scroll down the page to an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name located above your post, or at the top right of this page.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, you may subscribe to the case. At the top right of your support case there is a gear icon which provides a drop down menu with support case options. Click that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes