2 year contract renewal not reflected in billing charges
wadie1230
Enthusiast - Level 1

Good morning,

So I am a verizon customer since March 2014. My original agreement was due to expire in March 2016. I receive a message online from Verizon once I logged in that if I wanted I would be able to renew my existing contract another 2 years and lock in the price. So i did just that. In Oct. 2015 I went ahead and renewed my contract under Order # {edited for privacy}. I was under the impression that the new agreement would begin in  April 2016 since the original agreement was over in March 2016. I have received 3 bills April, May, and June and none of them reflect the "LOCKED IN" price.

THANK YOU FOR YOUR RECENT ORDER

Dear MICHAEL,

We have received your request and have started processing your order.

A summary of this change order and your estimated monthly charges are shown below.
Review the status of your order Access your account Confirm Your Service Ready Date Here

Order Summary
Master Order Number: {edited for privacy}
Order Date: Oct 30, 2015

Your Service Includes:
A 2-Year Price Guarantee, which locks your FiOS bundle price in for at least 2 years from the start of your contract date.

Recent Activity Summary for 10-30-2015

You've requested the following changes in your services. Below is an estimate of your Monthly Charges and first bill with these changes.

Billing Estimate

Estimated Monthly Charges
These estimates are not your actual bills, which will vary based on activation date, changes you make after the order, duration of promotional discounts, usage, balance, adjustments, or installments.
  Services and Discounts Monthly Amount
Existing Verizon Triple Play $134.99
  Fios Digital Voice Unlimited  
  Fios TV Ultimate HD  
  Movie Package Ultimate HD  
  HBO  
  Fios Internet 75/75  
  $25 Bundle 24 Mo. Discount Included thru Mar 14, 2016  
  $10 Fios Quantum 24 Mo. Credit Included thru Mar 14, 2016  
  $10 Bundle 24 Mo. Credit Included thru May 8, 2016  
Existing (Rent): 4 TV Equipment Package $35.96
Existing Fios Quantum TV - Enhanced Service $22.00
  Estimated Monthly Subtotal $192.95
  Taxes, Fees and Other Verizon Charges (see detail) $18.25
  Fios TV Broadcast Fee $1.99
  Regional Sports Network Fee $4.99
  Estimated Monthly Charges $218.18

What to Expect on Your 11/12/15 Bill
Your first bill with these services will vary due to partial month charges, one-time charges and duration of promotional discounts.

11/12/15 Estimated Monthly Subtotal $192.95

One-Time Charges Subtotal $0.00
  Estimated Bill Subtotal $192.95
  Taxes, Fees and Other Verizon Charges (see detail) $18.30
  Fios TV Broadcast Fee $2.85
  Regional Sports Network Fee $5.64
  Estimated Bill $219.74

Glossary and Terms at verizon.com/billingglossary

Important Note: In the event you terminate your service in the future, the FiOS router you received at no charge, or are renting on a month to month basis, remains the property of Verizon and must be returned; however, any router you have purchased is yours to keep and should not be returned when service is terminated.

For your most current FiOS® TV Channel Lineup - visit verizon.com/fiostvchannels and enter your Zip Code.

If you have any questions about your account, please visit My Verizon.
We know you have a choice and thank you for choosing Verizon. It is our pleasure to serve you!
Sincerely,
Your Verizon Team

This message was sent from a notification only email address that cannot accept incoming email messages. Please do not reply to this email. ©2015 Verizon.

Mail Tracking Id : {edited for privacy}

I tried to copy and paste the original email and this is the best it came out. I just wanted to know why I was offered a locked in price for the next 24 months then not be billed the price offered.
0 Likes
Re: 2 year contract renewal not reflected in billing charges
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.

Please go to your profile page here on the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions.

To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".

Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes