$250 GIFT CARD SCAM
bouk
Enthusiast - Level 1

I thought I was the only one victim of this scam until I went online to read other stories.

I signed up for the double play in march 2014 and was promised a $250 gift card three month after the activation of my service. The rep lured me in and gave me false promise, not only that they have me locked into a contract of 2 years( who does that now if you have the option not to)

Here we are in September no gift card and i called their office and I was  beeing transferred from one  ofiice to another  finally  they broke the news to me. No gift card! and I  asked why they said at that time there was no promotion for the doublle play. Someone is definitely lying to me.

Neddless to say I was disappointed, I always thought of Verizon beeing of the company that grade themselves with the highest intergrity.

0 Likes
Re: $250 GIFT CARD SCAM
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi bouk,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Good evening,

I apologize for the misunderstanding but as was previously advised by the rep you spoke to over the phone, Verizon does not have a gift card option for a double bundle.

`Jess

0 Likes
bouk
Enthusiast - Level 1
Someone definitely lied to me to get my business. This is very wrong!!!
There is no way I would have known about this promotion if it was not promised to me.
I will cancel my contract as soon as my time is over
350Giftis0gift

I was told by the Verizon FIOS Sales in Wal-Mart that because I was in Wal-Mart today that I was going to get a $350.00 Visa prepaid gift card from Verizon FIOS.
Woman Sad

Now, I'm told that I am NOT GOING TO GET A GIFT CARD!!!
I am so upset that I was lied to into thinking I too, was a victim of falsifying. How did I find out this?
I was told to call the FIOS Gift Card Dept. & spoke to a very nice lady.

She said I don't see any where on your account that you were going to get a gift card; she said not on a double bundle.
Only the Triple bundle you get that gift card. I cried on the phone that I was lied to my face in Wal-Mart & also, calling the Sales tech at Wal-Mart. just yesterday as I was talking to him on the phone.

He told me, I never said that to you. I said, you most certainly said it to me! You are lying to me! He is a very fast smooth talker & knows how to lure customers in a fast deal, lying through his teeth.
He put his arms around my shoulder & smiled to me.
I called Wal-Mart & spoke with the Assistant manager & she was very sorry as she heard me cried. She said she going to talk to the store manager about those Verizon FIOS Sales Clerks that they are in my store & falsifying to our customers.
It will be followed up ASAP!  I want retrubution of what I was promised.

They need to honor the promotion as promised.

I am a victim of scam, when my 2 year contact is over I will not stay with them. I need for the VERIZON FIOS to apologize & seriously do something about this a very Unprofessionally way of doing business.

I didn't even know that there was going to be a gift card given to me after I pay all the bundle fees then get to my just monthly bill.

I am so very distraught over this, please new consumers check out everything & make sure it's in writing!

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.

Please go to your profile page here on the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions.

To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".

Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes