$300 Gift Card??
Rushfan3
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have received emails on my $300 gift card, being told that there was the option of Amazon or Visa. I have my ID and password, and the link to the reward center to check on it. I realize that it was only started as a claim on December 16th, however, I would have thought that I would have had it by now, especially because I have already received my pin number to activate the card.

However, I have not received any cards, like I said, just the pin number to activate. I wasn't told which one I would get either because I'm going to guess that the option is selected by activating the one that I want and tossing the other.

I don't know if the whole problem with UPS and their shipping is the reason that I have yet to receive anything or if the card was not sent, or what have you, but I have paid my bills on time. I am a customer who moved and hooked up an extra TV, paid for installation and such, and even at my former residence, I was always on time.

I am at a loss, as I was hoping this would be money to catch up on another bill and to buy my mother a Christmas gift, but thankfully, my mother understood that I couldn't afford her present right away. I would hope that this can be escalated to someone who can give me information because I shouldn't have an activation pin number for almost 2 weeks with no card, and I don't know if maybe the UPS person delivered to the wrong address or what have you.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: $300 Gift Card??
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Rushfan3,

Thank you for letting us know the card has arrived. We are glad we were able to get everything sorted out. Feel free to make a new post anytime you need some help. We have closed out the private support thread.

- Jose_VZ

View solution in original post

ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Just a friendly reminder, this is a forum where users help other users. It looks like your issue may require a Verizon representative to review your account details. Please visit our Support page for a variety of ways to contact Verizon, including “Ask Verizon,” our virtual chat agent, and customer support phone numbers.

0 Likes
Rushfan3
Enthusiast - Level 3

I've done that already and all they could do was refer me to the rewards link in the chat option. No one was able to assist me in other forms.

There's no number to contact anyone either, and there's no links regarding rewards inquiries. If someone could escalate this into a private response from a representative, I would be grateful, since I'm not seeing the option to contact someone with the knowledge of this.

Believe me, I'm not about to blame and shame anyone or any product publically unless I'm asked my opinion and asked to give a public review, and even at that, I tone down my reviews. I don't usually have too many issues with VerizonFiOS, as my services with them have been nothing short of outstanding, and I'm usually the first to tell someone to go with VerizonFiOS, because of the fact that I'm just overly pleased with my services. (Honestly, if I were to be with Xfinity, I would be paying in excess of $250 for what I get with Verizon for over $75 less.)

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.
Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".
Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Rushfan3,

Thank you for letting us know the card has arrived. We are glad we were able to get everything sorted out. Feel free to make a new post anytime you need some help. We have closed out the private support thread.

- Jose_VZ

rnmomof31

I received a post card in the mail offering a $300 gift card with a new 2 year contract in February 2014.  At the time we only had internet, because we were disenchanted with Verizon and others.  We had been doing ROKU for 2 years and were very happy.  I could kick myself for being tricked into this committment.  Not only have I not received my gift card, I have gotten nowhere on the phone with their reps.  They are telling me there was no gift card associated with this contract and that instead they are giving me @20/mo off the plan and they waived the installation fee. Sound familiar????  You don't have to look hard in the various forums to hear this exact story.  It is disgusting that they treat their customers like this!  I am contemplating paying the contract termination fee of $190 to get away from these creeps!  I think I would feel better in the long run.  I will run back to my ROKU and find internet somewhere else.  I will also spread the word...VERIZON CUSTOMER SERVICE IS THE WORST!!!!   

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi rnmomof3,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
ACop89

I have had the same issue with Verizon. I started my service a little under a year ago Aug. 28th 2013. I chose Fios because they were offering a $300 gift card when signing up for the 2 year contract and made point to mention it to the rep when I ordered my service. I have 2 HD boxes, one being a DVR and I pay for both of them on my bill and I have the Extreme HD package. When I finally called to inquire where my $300 was I was told that it was not part of my agreement. The only reason I chose Fios and left con*cast was because it was cheaper in the long run with this perk. I recently spoke again on the phone to a rep at verizon and they said they could offer me a $150 gift card guarentee if I re upped my service for another 2 years. I find it unbelieveable how they chose to treat their customers. I truly wonder if the calls are recorded because if so I wish they would pull the one for my account from Aug. 28 2013 when I agreed to the $300 in the contract!!! - Verizon, prove to me (a paying customer) that you will stand by your agreements, I've upheld my end!

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi ACop89,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

rnmomof3, 
Since we have not heard back from you, we are now closing out this private support case. If you still require additional assistance, please feel free to create a new post on your original thread. 

-Amanda_M 

0 Likes