$400 Visa Scam
dlnosky

On August 6th (10:16AM)  we signed up as new customers for the 2-year Triple Play with $400 gift card. We called the advertized number and were told to start our order online and call back to complete. At that time we spoke with Barbara, she finished our signup and told us the $400 pre-paid Visa would be mailed AFTER we paid 3 full months of service. Assuming calls are recorded for quality purposes - please find that call because as of today, December 19th we don't have the gift card and are being told that you weren't running that promo in August. You most definitely were as we recommended others to the service.

Escalating this complaint today got us an offer to reduce our monthly payment for 12 months but it is not the deal we were offered when we signed up. And it is not the deal you are offering on your own site now to unsuspecting new customers. I'd like this issue resolved immediately.

0 Likes
Re: $400 Visa Scam
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Sorry you are having difficulty, an agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information to help you resolve your issue.

0 Likes
dlnosky

Your email to us requested our account number. Our account number is {edited for privacy}

0 Likes
rleake15

I also opted to go with Verizon in August in my new apartment, thinking ahead for Christmas shopping with the $400 promotional offer, but I have not received my rebate more than 4 months later.

I have diligently paid my bill on time, yet it is now Christmas Eve and I'm fighting with the card representatives on the phone about cards they have supposedly mailed out.  Nobody seems to understand why the card hasn't arrived, and they give excuses when I ask for supervisors.  This call represents the seventh attempt on my part since November to resolve this issue.  

Verizon ran this promotion to gain new customers, but they are showing the type of unscrupulous behavior that plagued their wireless enterprises before they became involved in the cable market.  Personally, I'm reporting them to the Better Business Bureau and researching legal remedies for this matter.

I hope potential customers see these posts and avoid making the same mistake I did.  Verizon is not to be trusted.

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Sorry you are having difficulty, an agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information to help you resolve your issue.

0 Likes
dlnosky
So far we have not been contacted by Verizon to resolve this!
0 Likes
Matt20121

I'm disappointed in verizon....... I signed up back in November because you were running a $400 visa gift card promotion. And to date, I have yet to receive anything. So I called Verizon this morning asking what was going on, and they kept transferring me to different people. Fianlly, I reach someone and she informs me that I am not getting a gift card because they weren't running that promotion at the time I signed up.And can assure you, you were running that promotion. I even received confirmation in the mail that it would be mailed out 60 days after service started...... And she told me that I should being paying more for my plan in order to receive the gift card... This makes no sense, and I'm completely disappointed. I referred other people to this deal, and I can assure them that their visa card will not be coming. I want this issued resolve right now.. 

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Matt2012,

Sorry you are having difficulty. An agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information or to help you resolve your issue. Please remember to check your spam/junk folder if you do not hear from an agent.

0 Likes