$400 Visa Scam
klagana21

I switched from comcast to verizon because I was offered a $400 gift card. Then they told me the estimated installation bill would be $277.  The bill came in and was $622. So I got online and ask the agent if I could split up the bill. Which by the way was paid in three installments of $207 within three weeks. Now when im close to my 60 days to start the process of the visa card I ask a few questions and I am told three different stories by they same agent FLO that I do not qualify because of the arrangements. Well if you didnt drastastically under estimate the bill that wouldnt have been an issue.  So not only was my first bill outrageous but now no gift card. from what I was reading online these seems to happen alot and seems to be a scam verizon is running to avoid sending the VISA. Ive decided to process a claim with the BBB because I have all my paperwork and screen shots of conversations and I am not being taken advantage of. I give my residental and under my account I have four phone with verzion wireless. If I would have known I would have stayed with Comcast and not switched. If I am not valuable enough of a customer then I will take all my business to another provider there are plenty out there. 

0 Likes
Re: $400 Visa Scam
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi klagana21,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes