Account Issue Complaint
IrishLad118

I spent about an hour and a half this morning trying to resolve an issue with my account and the live chat keeps timing out.  I have been a Verizon FIOS customer for 4 years, and with the current 2 year agreement coming to an end, about a month ago I was searching online for renewal offers.  I attempted to add a plan to my shopping cart, or so I thought, in order to see the final price with taxes and fees, but instead placed an order.  Nothing popped up saying "are you sure you want to place this order", nothing asking me if I wanted to confirm a change to my account.  One click, and it was all done.  Very poor business practice, Verizon!  I called immediately to see if I can cancel and the first agent told me there was nothing they can do.  They put me through to a supervisor who said they cancelled the error and I received a cancellation number.  A couple of weeks later I receive a notification that a credit was applied to my account.  I went to check my account and noticed nothing was cancelled.  I called an agent to rectify this, but they again said there was nothing they could do.  I said I would check the Black Friday deals to see if I can reduce the cost of service, which did not appear to reduce it any further.  I called earlier this morning (11/27/18) and I was being offered the same pricing.  I have decided to switch my service, but I wanted to communicate my dissatisfaction so I chatted a live agent who said they would be willing to look into the best offer before I decide to cancel service.  After anywhere from 30 to 40 minutes on chat I was disconnected.  I cannot seem to reconnect to a live agent.  I have been happy with my service over the past 4 years, but I'm disappointed by how my issue was handled and the pricing offered to loyal customers.  Given my budget, I regret that I must switch to other services at a lower cost as it doesn't appear Verizon values my business as much as they let on.

0 Likes
Re: Account Issue Complaint
idiveny2
Enthusiast - Level 1

The same exact thing happened to me now I"m lock in for 2 years. If I cancel then I was told that I would be charged 350.00 early cancelation fee. Now by bill is 35.00 more and lost my 2 premium chanels. I got a email last week stating because I'm a valued customer that my internet speed was increased to 100. So I did a check and my speed is 35 but I'm paying for 50 **bleep**? So here I am on the phone waiting like always for a few hours. I just love verizons good service to always keep shafting me somehow and me not able to do anything about It.

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

Call and have Fios support provision your new speed.

you can also turn the router off wait 5 minutes and then turn it back on.

the speed test is hardwired only. No WiFi !

additionally you can leave and have the new service pay off your early termination fees.

you can also simply write a certified return receipt letter to Fios disputing the early termination fees because the amount of the service contract is not what it should be.

idiveny2
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am gonna try some of the ideas that you provided, Thx!

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi IrishLad118,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Message Inbox for a message from Verizon_Support. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi idiveny2,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Message Inbox for a message from Verizon_Support. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.

0 Likes