Account turned into collections with out receiving written notice. IC Systems
charlottew30
Enthusiast - Level 1

I received a credit alert that a balance of $58.76 was turned into collections from a closed account.  I have been a long customer with Verizon/residential and wireless for over 8 years.  I closed the account in April due to the internet for my business line was freezing and locking up my airline booking systems.  After search for something that would accommodate the speed I needed, I had to go with comcast only due to the internet speed.  I received a bill of a balance and made a partial payment $75.00.  I knew there was still a balance and was going to pay the remaining balance.  I then a month letter I received phone calls from foreign party whom stated I had to pay a balance to them.   Because of not knowing these people I did not feel comfortable giving my account information over the phone.  After I verified I learned that my account balance of $58.76 was turned in collections so at that point I immediately made a payment to them.  I called Verizon today and that said they do not remove credit collections off.  I am very disappointed as I feel a letter in writing should be sent out to a consumer.  Again the amount of years with Verizon and still having 3 cell phones with Verizon.  To not receive anything and be turned in to a collection agency for $58.76 that will stay on my credit for 7 years plus.  I am in the middle of college enrollments for my daughters second of college where my credit is depending on it.  I have received notification that my credit has decreased my 8 points and really makes a difference on my credit report.  I hope that someone reads this and takes this into consideration on getting customers letters to inform and I am sure this happens but again I did not receive a letter stating that the account was and already turned into a collection until I started receiving 3rd party calls that most consumers will not answer or give personal information to. The account was paid right after receiving calls from 3rd party of the balance. I feel an exception should be made for not receiving notice and that fact that I was a loyal long time customer.

{edited for privacy}

Re: Account turned into collections with out receiving written notice. IC Systems
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi charlottew30,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Re: Account turned into collections with out receiving written notice. IC Systems
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

We did not hear back from you on your Private Support case. We hope you were able to find resolution to your issue.

If you require further assistance, feel free to make a new post, and we can be sure to look into your issue. As always, we're available for support around the clock.

Thanks,
Marcial

0 Likes
charlottew30
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have not got any resolution.  I called and spoke with a representative who ask that when I received the receipt that I payed to call back, and when I received and called back another representative stated that there was nothing that verizon could do regarding theaccount that was paid turned into collections.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi charlottew30,

Did you ever access your private support case?

geilcourtvz
Enthusiast - Level 2
Folks, if you don't go to the private support link as instructed, nothing will come of your complaint.

It won't simply resolve itself (although, hopefully, you'll get some results from the other support thread. God knows I didn't. Yet).
0 Likes
ricky50

I just recieved the same letter. I paid off my account June 2 the same day I ended services because I moved to another state. June 26 I recieved another email saying I needed to pay $15. I tried going into the account and pay but it wouldn't let me pay the balance. I called and was told that it would come off the credit card on file. Today Oct 2 I get this letter.  

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Hello ricky50

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.
Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".
Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi charlottew30,

We have reopened your Private Support Case. Please access your case through your profile page by following the instructions posted earlier. The support agents do not monitor the public boards and will need to hear from you in the Private Support area before they can begin assisting you.

0 Likes