Activation Fees
Adam_Fee
I signed up and spoke with 2 reps for over an hour. Problems with pricing on promised services but biggest complaint is $100 in activation fees. Spoke to both reps and NO fees were mentioned. Called customer service and basically said even though there was no fees ever mentioned on my calls with 2 reps, the fine print in the email should state fees. I am furious and will likely leave for another provider (Comcast). My new house was already set up with fios from previous owner. Verizon will likely lose $2500 a year in revenue because of fees I did not know about and their unwillingness to waive them. Customer experience has been terrible and I have only been with Verizon for 2 months... Not telling the consumer about activation fees is unethical. Also went through bait and switch with plan rates but Verizon somewhat corrected it (still not satisfied as only 1 yr not 2 fixed). Lesson learned is record calls with reps. Unless fees waived I will likely drop Fios within the week..
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Activation Fees
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.
Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".
Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.
Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".
Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

We did not hear back from you on your Private Support case. We hope you were able to find resolution to your issue.

If you require further assistance, feel free to make a new post, and we can be sure to look into your issue. As always, we're available for support around the clock.

Thanks,
Marcial

0 Likes
Adam_Fee
I did NOT find a resolution to my case but not due to lack of trying. I following instructions above and waited in que 2 different times for over 25 per try. It is almost like Verizon wants the customer to just give up and go away. Extremely frustrated and ready to disconnect service. Sure does not make me feel like the issue was escalated.. I am very dissatisfied..wasted over 3 hours between talking to sales reps and waiting online in chat.. At this point Verizon should contact
Me directly as they have all of my information.. Terrible customer service this far ...
0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Adam_Fee,

We have reopened your Private Support Case. Please access your case through your profile page by following the instructions posted earlier. The support agents do not monitor the public boards and will need to hear from you in the Private Support area before they can begin assisting you.  If you are unable to reach an agent through the chat link that they have provided, please let them know about the problem by posting in the private support thread.

0 Likes
wmthjr

why was I not told about activiation fee when I sign up

0 Likes
CHRIS10191

ACTIVATION FEES WERE THE REASON I LOOKED INTO COX FOR MY INTERNET SERVICE. 

0 Likes
CHRIS10191

I WAS TOLD, THATS WHY I DID NOT SIGN UP. I FIGURE IF I AM GOIN GTO SIGN A TWO YEAR DEAL FOR INTERNET THEY COULD INSTALL AND ACTIVATE FOR FREE. 2 YEARS 24 MONTHS = $700 PLUS FO R INTERNET?

0 Likes