Alas fios i liked you well.....
jonjones1
Legend

But it seems greed has taken hold and although only a $3 increase ( placed the notice in the Important customer notices on the back of the invoice) it will now be that i am going to spectrum internet only.

it was a great 3+ years but like i told the gal on the phone any increase will be the last increase. So for a $36 increase a year verizon loses $1649.76.

I did have a nice gal say that she could stop the increase, but wanted me to be in a contract. Said no contracts. Said if i went with TV or phone she could knock it down to new customer pricing with locked in for two years. Again said no. Don’t need tv or phone and that i have Spectrum coming over on Tuesday next week. People read your last invoice for August since it states the price increase takes effect 30 days from the date of this months invoice. So in my case September 19, 2019

so i get to use my cable hook up for awhile. Customers leaving costing you thousands in loss revenue over a petty price increase and no more bogus surcharges.

0 Likes
Re: Alas fios i liked you well.....
jonjones1
Legend

Now an update. On my account page it says look at my plan etc. on it the price is showing $99 a month for two years. So add in that bogus $2.49 NYS Municipal Construction Surcharge it comes to $101.49 cheaper than what i pay now.

in fact its about the same as that increase of $36 a year ($3 a month) however like all verizon deals the gotcha is a two year price but i lose the $60 discount that never expires. Still not a benefit to me.

i have had a call back confirming call from cable as to my appointment date and time.

told them if i get a favorable conversation with verizon in the morning on Monday i will call to cancel the gigabyte install from cable on Tuesday.

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

FINAL OUTCOME

spoke to nice lady this morning, said does not want to lose a customer over three dollars. Credited my account something called customer loyalty credit. Took the thirty-six dollars as a credit. My price stays the same. Very nice gal. And very savvy.

0 Likes
MrylandGir77
Enthusiast - Level 2

i'm glad you got something out of your ordeal.  My monthly bill at Fios was $200/month so they are losing $2400 a year on me.  I spoke with numerous reps and none of them tried to do anything to help retain me as a customer.  I have had Verizon internet since 2001 (almost 20 years) and Fiox for the last 5 years.  All they said was sorry to see you go.  Very sad.

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

@MrylandGir77 wrote:

i'm glad you got something out of your ordeal.  My monthly bill at Fios was $200/month so they are losing $2400 a year on me.  I spoke with numerous reps and none of them tried to do anything to help retain me as a customer.  I have had Verizon internet since 2001 (almost 20 years) and Fiox for the last 5 years.  All they said was sorry to see you go.  Very sad.

The problem is like i told verizon when i first took their service was i have a set rate scale. Say $80 up to $150 for my internet only. At $137 the rate increase to me for service was not worth $140 although my wife laughs and tells me we have stock in the company and the dividends far exceed any price paid for service. But i have principles.

The girl on the phone was pleasant, i said since my home is wired for both fios and spectrum it is no issue canceling either or. I first called cable and set up my service install date. Today would have been the day. The offering was $50+ cheaper for service at stand alone internet. However it was not asymmetrical as i have now. The sales rep said asymmetrical was over kill. When most people use download speed (940) to get large files. Upload speeds at (60) he said is good enough for uploads.

i don’t game so I didn’t care. Once confronted with reality the company will give in.

you see contact executive escalations as well as general support number.

if they won’t bargain or be reasonable. Just cancel and go with the other service.

oh in addition if verizon has an ont on your home, tell them to remove it immediately since you don’t want it on your property. I told them i will remove it off my wall, and server any fiber or phone cables and boxes and throw them in the trash or the street.

and not to email or phone or send mail ‘saying we want you back” since if you wanted me to stay I wouldn’t have had to leave.

Be Firm

0 Likes