Asking Verizon to use my full last name as given when I opened my account
AHdM1

I called this afternoon to request Verizon use my full last name on my account and the customer service rep put me on hold for a few minutes.  She came back asking me if I knew my contract, which I don't have, was expiring and needed to be renewed.  I responded if she had resolved the issue with my last name and she brushed me off and continued telling me the advantages of renewing my contract again.  I finally asked point blank if she had resolved my issue and she responded that I would need to submit proof of identity and access to my credit reports!  I decided to just hang up before things got nasty.  I was not asking for a name change on my account.  I was asking Verizon to use my full last name as given when I opened my account.  Customer Service reps are there to answer and assist customers but from my experience today, it seems that they just want to get their bonuses for adding contracts and other things.  The person assisting me was very rude and unhelpful, even when I kept asking for my original request, she kept trying to sell me another contract.  This is not acceptable and not good business practice.  This type of experiences drive customers away.

0 Likes
Re: Asking Verizon to use my full last name as given when I opened my account
kh-gary
Moderator Emeritus
Hi AHdM,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Message Inbox for a message from Verizon_Support. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents, who will be assisting you privately.
0 Likes