Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring the phone you love. OR get iPhone 13, on us. Online only. With Select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 1.31. Buy now
end of navigation menu
Autopay Question
formerverizoncustomer

Due to the timing of some changes to my account, last month's bill was overstated by $100. I called (before the strike) and was told that the credits were pending and that I shouldn't pay this bill. I have autopay so the rep checked and told me that a lesser amount would be paid. Well, nothing was paid. I got my next bill will the corrections, but showing that the previous balance was overdue. After the credits I owed $22, which I paid immediately because Verizon was showing that my account was overdue. Then I tried to cancel autopay, but the website has some issue and tells me that I should try again later. I've tried several times over the last two weeks with no success.

My question is: If you have autopay, but you make a payment, does the system know to deduct your payment from the balance due or does it just automatically pay the amount of the bill?

Thanks

0 Likes
Re: Autopay Question
formerverizoncustomer

I should also mention that this was my final bill from Verizon. If the automatic payment goes though, how big of a hassle will it be for me to get a refund from Verizon?

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Champion

This is a peer to peer support forum. I'm afraid only Verizon can answer questions about how the system works.

0 Likes
cornerkicker

I decided a long time that autopay accounts are a problem (after I had one) waiting to happen. NEVER allow anyone access to your account. NEVER. NEVER. Direct the payer to pay on your instructions only.

0 Likes