Autopay didn't work!! And it's already passed the due date.
Khaled89
Hi there,
This is Khaled and I have an Internet FIOS service(75/75).This is my first month since I stared the service and the due date for the payment was on 10-JUL (yesterday). I have already enrolled in the autopay service, but today when I checked if the payment went through or not I saw the bill amount is still there! Then I paid via 'one time payment option.'
The question is, why the autopay method didn't work? Do I need to make manual payment every month? Will I be charged for the delay?

Thanks,
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Autopay didn't work!! And it's already passed the due date.
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hello Khaled89,

This community is meant mainly for peer-to-peer support. If you need to talk to a Verizon representative, you should contact customer service directly using one of the options available through Contact Us.

0 Likes
jjd6
Enthusiast - Level 2

Same problem -- now two months in a row!!  Card is verified and yet the system doesn't work.  I take pride in paying my bills on time.  VERY FRUSTRATED.  Another reason to cut the cable cord.

BTW - It is easy to say contact customer support.  It is quite another to actually reach someone!!  

tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

You are suppose to continue paying UNTIL the bill specifically mentioned that its scheduled to be autopayed.  Usually occurs after one full cycle.

E.g. mine says

Total Amount Due will be charged to Credit Card on 07/28/15 DO NOT PAY

Until you see such a message make sure you pay your bill some other way.

0 Likes
JLe2

AUTOPAY WEBSITE does NOT work !!!!!.YES. it happened to me too !!   It actually happened to me 3 TIMES , i had to call Verizon directly and paid directly by phone. And they charge me $3.50 for assisting payment on phone which is due!  I FOUND OUT LATER ON : CUSTOMER SERVICE SAID SOMETIMES IT HAPPENED DUE TO " A GLITCH" and SUGGEST ME TO LET THEM SET UP AUTOPAY VIA PHONE.  that also MEANS that their AUTOPAY WEBSITE does NOT work.  YOU HAVE TO CALL THEM to set up !!    I give them one more chance to make it right.  If next month or so this won't work then I WILL GET BACK TO THIS BLOG  and let you all knows. Remember to ask Verizon to reimburse $3.50 in this case,  that is their fault not ours. AUTOPAY WEBSITE does NOT work !!!!! DO NOT SET UP AUTOPAY ON WEBSITE !  

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

@JLe wrote:

AUTOPAY WEBSITE does NOT work !!!!!.YES. it happened to me too !!   It actually happened to me 3 TIMES , i had to call Verizon directly and paid directly by phone. And they charge me $3.50 for assisting payment on phone which is due!  I FOUND OUT LATER ON : CUSTOMER SERVICE SAID SOMETIMES IT HAPPENED DUE TO " A GLITCH" and SUGGEST ME TO LET THEM SET UP AUTOPAY VIA PHONE.  that also MEANS that their AUTOPAY WEBSITE does NOT work.  YOU HAVE TO CALL THEM to set up !!    I give them one more chance to make it right.  If next month or so this won't work then I WILL GET BACK TO THIS BLOG  and let you all knows. Remember to ask Verizon to reimburse $3.50 in this case,  that is their fault not ours. AUTOPAY WEBSITE does NOT work !!!!! DO NOT SET UP AUTOPAY ON WEBSITE !  

I've occasionally had them not pay when they should.  I check and autopay is still on.  I never have had to do anything and they eventually take the payment and have never added a fee in that case.

0 Likes
kenbacon7
Enthusiast - Level 2

The Verizon system removed autopay from my account about six times over the last ten years.  It has become more frequent the last year.   Verizon does not accept this as being their problem and refuses to fix it. 

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Hello kenbacon7

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.

Please go to your profile page here on the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions.

To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".

Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes